Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just back from a one week, 3000+ mile road trip from Hamilton Ohio to Sturgis and return. 2011 Road Glide Ultra performed like a champ! Purchased one year ago and is my first tour type bike. Never would have even thought about such a trip before the Road Glide but must say it was a smooth ride. One other Road Glide, an Electra Classic and a Yamaha Royal something tagged along. The metric bike was way out classed, always stopping for gas ( range around 110-120 miles ) and making minor fixes. Other than an extremely hot drive through South Dakota on the return trip, no complaints whatsoever. You learn alot about your bike on a seven hundred mile day and I learned that we ride the best. Probably will do it again next year ( with the addition of a gel seat pad).

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thanks for supporting the South Dakota economy. ;)

I did a 3200 mile trip in July on my RGU and I was ready to keep going when I got home.

Glad you had a good trip!

·
Registered
308 Posts
And I know who my tourguide will be :D
You know it! And maybe by the time you get up this way I'll know the black hills good enough to not get lost like I always seem to do. :p Although, getting lost while on a Road Glide is not necessarily a bad thing.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I'm still here. Camping in Buffalo WY tonight after riding Beartooth pass. I'm stopping in Sturgis and Rapid city tomorrow then doing the Badlands. I'll have to do a write up when I get home with pics. Almost 4000 miles so far and I still have 2000 to get home. Glad you had a good time. There isn't a bad road out here.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm still here. Camping in Buffalo WY tonight after riding Beartooth pass. I'm stopping in Sturgis and Rapid city tomorrow then doing the Badlands. I'll have to do a write up when I get home with pics. Almost 4000 miles so far and I still have 2000 to get home. Glad you had a good time. There isn't a bad road out here.
If you are heading out of SD via I-90/I-29 and need a place to stop let me know. I'm about 60 miles south of Sioux Falls.

Been a solid stream of bikes passing through here the last couple days... Can hear the distant rumble on the highway. What a great sound. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts