Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm based in Europe and I'm planning to take my boyfriend on a road trip. He loves going on adventures, especially if it's related to nature trips. Any suggestions on places I can bring him? Thanks for answering!

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Hmmm, well, uhhh are you planning on coming to the states? San Fransisco, Ca might be nice for you. Its not far from the Red Woods and the coastal highway.
LOL

Yeah it sounds like a San Fransisco, Ca road trip to me as well.

Partner

???

Swomack

·
Registered
123 Posts
San Francisco, then up the coast to the Redwood forest, down US 1 through Carmel and Big Sur, over to Yosemite (not in winter or you'll be riding in snow!). In fall depending on time available maybe a quick trip from Yosemite to Death Valley or Bishop area.
Safe travels

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
When are you visiting the US and are you flying in to any particular city/area? How long are you staying? What experience do you and your partner have with riding two up/touring?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
San Francisco, then up the coast to the Redwood forest, down US 1 through Carmel and Big Sur, over to Yosemite (not in winter or you'll be riding in snow!). In fall depending on time available maybe a quick trip from Yosemite to Death Valley or Bishop area.
Safe travels
Oh yeah, good thinkin’! Lots of big wood up there in Northern Ca. >:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We still have not decided where to go but since most of you are suggesting San Francisco, Ca, I think we'll go there. We are not really looking for anything in particular. We just want to go for an adventure after going through a rough path and thankfully surviving it with Regain.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
We still have not decided where to go but since most of you are suggesting San Francisco, Ca, I think we'll go there. We are not really looking for anything in particular. We just want to go for an adventure after going through a rough path and thankfully surviving it with Regain.
So much to do and see in California. Its pretty much got everything you need. I would highly recommend riding the coast and seeing the Red Woods. @MightyWhitey just did it and he loved it. San Fransisco is very diversified Im sure you will have lots to do and see there. Google touring California. Tons of reading and information. Disney Land, Universal studios etc etc. https://www.planetware.com/tourist-attractions/california-usca.htm

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
So much to do and see in California. Its pretty much got everything you need. I would highly recommend riding the coast and seeing the Red Woods. @MightyWhitey just did it and he loved it. San Fransisco is very diversified Im sure you will have lots to do and see there. Google touring California. Tons of reading and information. Disney Land, Universal studios etc etc. https://www.planetware.com/tourist-attractions/california-usca.htm
Originally from the west coast (Oakland). I'd stay away from southern, CA. Don't waste any of your precious time down in that part of the state. You'll find plenty to do and see in the northern part of the state. Some notable towns and cities that you might consider visiting;

Monterey
Santa Cruz
San Francisco (Fisherman's Wharf) have lunch or dinner at the Fog Harbor Fish House
Napa (wine country)

For a mind blowing beautiful ride, make it up to Fortuna (Hwy 101) and ride north along the Pacific Coast up to the Redwood National and State Park.

·
Registered
512 Posts
My experience:

Eastern TN, Western North Carolina, Northern Georgia are hard to beat. Way less expensive than CA.

Europe - Eastern Spain, the Pyrenees, Southern France.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Originally from the west coast (Oakland). I'd stay away from southern, CA. Don't waste any of your precious time down in that part of the state. You'll find plenty to do and see in the northern part of the state. Some notable towns and cities that you might consider visiting;

Monterey
Santa Cruz
San Francisco (Fisherman's Wharf) have lunch or dinner at the Fog Harbor Fish House
Napa (wine country)

For a mind blowing beautiful ride, make it up to Fortuna (Hwy 101) and ride north along the Pacific Coast up to the Redwood National and State Park.
Next time we go ride do you think we could hold hands? Just throwing that out there...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Only in San Francisco, Silicon Valley or the southern part of the state. I'd be afraid otherwise.......................
But your obviously not completely opposed to the idea. Thats a good sign.

Sounds like we are going to be at BBBQ together this year. This offer good for me too?
You bet! Maybe we could sword fight afterwards. Just throwing that out there...

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Only in San Francisco, Silicon Valley or the southern part of the state. I'd be afraid otherwise.......................
But your obviously not completely opposed to the idea. Thats a good sign.

Sounds like we are going to be at BBBQ together this year. This offer good for me too?
You bet! Maybe we could sword fight afterwards. Just throwing that out there...
What is it with you and sword fighting? 🙂

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,038 Posts
Why is it you guys only gave Minimalist1024 west coast options? The east coast would be a lot closer for them. Cape Cod, especially Provincetown is yummy this time of year. Instead of Happy Hour snacks, they put out bowls of different flavored condoms. From there, it's only a hop-skip-and a jump up to Wells, Maine. I passed through there a couple years ago and I dropped my wallet on the sidewalk - thankfully I remembered what my daddy had told me about Wells - "If you drop your wallet there, kick it to Kennebunk before you bend over to pick it up!" But the lobster there is to die for. And just in case you're making your trip in winter, Key West is always a colorful favorite.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
October in Key West...they have a Festival just for that type.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts