1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
I say we have a few days and I guess maybe I can give up lobster for one meal to have wings for lunch. Do they also serve lobster there? :D

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
redneck surf and turf ??

lobster and wings or better yet lobster wings

JtB
Call it what you want, it sounds good to me, and I still want a bowl of chowder on the side....... all diets are on hold during SWIV. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
816 Posts
redneck surf and turf
I've had deer steak and scallops a couple times.
We called it woods and waters. Both ingredients were still wiggling not long before they went into the frying pan. :D yum

I can get you there easy. North Conway a busy place sometimes,esp on weekends.
I could see some of the SW4 girls going down to hit the outlet stores, if transport could be arranged.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Wish I knew that in September when I was in Lincoln, NH, and taking the Kancamagus Hwy east to N. Conway!
next time youre in that area swing into the woodstock brewery/inn. Great food and roads how can you go wrong. Not to mention the beer too ;)

Call it what you want, it sounds good to me, and I still want a bowl of chowder on the side....... all diets are on hold during SWIV. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710
+ 1 on that..:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
24 -1- 4

i have been to the anchor bar in Buffalo ... it sucked . i had wings all over the country and my favorites were at Vasta's pizza place in Stamford NY. their secret wing sauce is 24 oz FRANKS RED HOT . 1 STICK UNSALTED BUTTER , 4 TABLESPOONS WHITE VINEGAR . ADD RED PEPPER AND CAYENNE PEPPER TO ELEVATE THE HEAT . its too cold to travel , so try this at home where its warm.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I love wings, I'm in. I'll have the GPS get us a good route from the hotel. No need to read a map.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I'm in for this too, but the true secret to great wings is the "double drop". Take 'em out of the fryer, rest for a cycle and drop 'em in again. I boycott the Fox and Hound because they won't do it anymore...said I was holding up business with my double drop request. Try it next time and enjoy the difference.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is a little ride I cooked up. I was thinking if I manage to get there Sunday, this would keep me occupied on Monday.

Destroyer Loop

It is a short run, as day rides go. Only 219 miles. First off to Lewiston ME to check out Harley stuff we really do not need at L-A Harley Davidson (that is Lewiston-Auburn). Then off to check out some Destroyers (as in Arleigh Burke class for the US Navy) under construction at Bath Iron Works. Not sure what we can see there, but it's not something you see everyday. Followed by a real opportunity to spend money on things needed or not needed at the L. L. Bean Store in Freeport (their HQ. Store is open 24/7/365 and has been since 1951). Last, one more opportunity to spend money at Big Moose Harley Davidson in Portland (I just love that name).

Somewhere along the route there has to be someplace worth eating at. I know of a place in Portland, but I figure the locals know more.

·
Registered
816 Posts
We like Jamesons in Freeport. Right next to LL Beans, east on main st.
Grittys is good for pub food and microbrew , in Freeport also. Muddy Rudder always was good for seafood. There's a lot of places to eat there, and in Portland.
http://jamesontavern.com/

L A is a nice dealership. Big Moose ok too.

Central Maine Harley in Bangor had a big slug of these tee shirts, should you be looking for one with a lobster on it

·
Registered
918 Posts
Here is a little ride I cooked up. I was thinking if I manage to get there Sunday, this would keep me occupied on Monday.

Destroyer Loop

It is a short run, as day rides go. Only 219 miles. First off to Lewiston ME to check out Harley stuff we really do not need at L-A Harley Davidson (that is Lewiston-Auburn). Then off to check out some Destroyers (as in Arleigh Burke class for the US Navy) under construction at Bath Iron Works. Not sure what we can see there, but it's not something you see everyday. Followed by a real opportunity to spend money on things needed or not needed at the L. L. Bean Store in Freeport (their HQ. Store is open 24/7/365 and has been since 1951). Last, one more opportunity to spend money at Big Moose Harley Davidson in Portland (I just love that name).

Somewhere along the route there has to be someplace worth eating at. I know of a place in Portland, but I figure the locals know more.
SeaDog in Brunswick is a popular stop....micro brew and good grub.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SeaDog in Brunswick is a popular stop....micro brew and good grub.
Actually, the one place I have been to in Portland was the Sea Dog. Whenever I got to the airport early, I'd go there for lunch or dinner. Way better than overpriced airport food.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
We like Jamesons in Freeport. Right next to LL Beans, east on main st.
Grittys is good for pub food and microbrew , in Freeport also. Muddy Rudder always was good for seafood. There's a lot of places to eat there, and in Portland.
http://jamesontavern.com/

L A is a nice dealership. Big Moose ok too.

Central Maine Harley in Bangor had a big slug of these tee shirts, should you be looking for one with a lobster on it

This is a longer loop up to Bangor. Might be something like it on the menu for SW. This is about 8 hours of riding.

I call it the 2 into 1 loop

US-2 all the way to Bangor, then US-1 down the coast to Brunswick, then turn inland to Lewiston, then back to the T&C.

I imagine we could pick up a good Lobster for lunch somewhere along US-1.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Thats why God made UPS trucks :D
I did the Bangor-Portland- Laconia- Gorham- Bangor romp in 1 day in 2010.
4 hrs in Laconia, side trip up Mt W. Left at 6 am, walked in the door at 9:45 pm for a 500ish mile day.

One thing about it, you cant get lost. Turn right onto rt2 at the T and C,
turn left in Hermon off rt 2 at CMHD , all on the same road.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Heading to Delaney's Hole in the Wall in North Conway tomorrow.
No snow on the ground to snowshoe up the side of a mountain,
so we figured a truck ride was in order.

If I can get out of town before I'm called into work, I'll be all set !!!

·
Registered
918 Posts
This is a longer loop up to Bangor. Might be something like it on the menu for SW. This is about 8 hours of riding.

I call it the 2 into 1 loop

US-2 all the way to Bangor, then US-1 down the coast to Brunswick, then turn inland to Lewiston, then back to the T&C.

I imagine we could pick up a good Lobster for lunch somewhere along US-1.
Sounds like a nice day ride to me....Not a problem finding a lob'stah shack !!!

·
Registered
918 Posts

I have picked up a couple of these shirts for the 'tee shirt exchange'
during SharkWeek. You know them boys from away are going to want one of'em!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts