Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
Looking to add vented lower fairings to 06 roadglide.I know they need to be modifyed but can not find details on how.Any information is appreaciated
hdparadox Oregon

·
Registered
816 Posts
I put a vented set off a 07 EG ultra I got for 100 bucks on mine.

Cut the ears off with my chop saw, so nice and straight.
I slotted the tops of the lowers to let the fairing sit down into them. The rubber carves pretty nice with a gouge. Dremeled and xacto'd the slot in the plastic to fit. Its on a curve so its a little hard to do.

Std 07 mounting. Cant even see the cuts when mouned and no pressure
up on the fairings. I use them in the spring and fall, usually have them off by the middle of June.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I put the HD vented lowers on my 08 and I like them.

First of all if you want to do it RIGHT you will need to raise the upper fairing using the 2010 fairing mounting brackets.

Second if you are buying new or used vented fairing lowers you would be better off to LOOK for and buy the 2010 and later vented fairing lowers. The 2010-2013 vented fairing lowers DO NOT need any modifications to fit your bike as long as you raised the upper fairing. 1998-2009 vented fairing lowers will require some cutting to the fairing cap to make them fit and you still need to raise the upper fairing.

I leave my fairing lowers on all year around, in the summer I just remove the vents to allow some extra air flow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts