Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2000 roadglide and I got 5” stretched fiberglass bags and an overlay fender. I have the rear fender stripped down to mock up the overlay fender. I watched a video http://youtu.be/khkeZ9eVaTI that is the link to the video if that helps explain more what I’m doing. It that shows I put two holes in the front of the fender and one where you have he seat screw at on factory fender. My question is, the two holes at he front of the fender on my factory fender has no thread on he inside of the factory fender. So I’m not sure how I will be able to tighten down any screw to keep the overlay fender down tightly on the factory fender. I’m hoping this makes some sense.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry hit send instead of the insert attachment. Here is a picture of he fender holes in talking about the help explain a little easier. I’m really hoping one of you can help that’s maybe did one of these before or possible know someone that has. And I really appreciate the helpful opinions you can give me. I have my overlay fender and bags out getting painted now. Thanks John

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
First off what the hell happened to that bike they are using in the video??? But to answer your question right about the 2min 50 sec area of the video you will see him reach under the fender with his left hand. That tells me he is using a nut on the underside. I’m sure that is what they are doing. Seat bolt holds at the 1 hole while bolts and nuts hold the lower attachment points. You could always press in nutserts if you wanted to go that way. Not an expert but pretty sure that’s what’s happening in the video. Good luck!!!

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
You should be able to use the stock stud plate that was originally on the bike, it also serves to hold the rear fender wiring in place. That is how it worked with the fender overlay I used from Bad Dad. Item number 16 in the drawing - part # 59174-99

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts