Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting some sort of Roadside Assistance for my bike, anybody have any suggestions or advice? I insure my bike through progressive, not sure if they offer it, couldn't find any info on their website.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
763 Posts
I've got AAA with RV Plus (I'm pretty sure that's what the extra its called). The extra coverage includes motorcycles and 100 miles of towing, not just the standard 3 miles. I'm not sure if my insurance has towing coverage, not sure what HOG's roadside assistance is like, but I've had the AAA with RV so long, I don't pay attention to what the others offer/include.

An added benefit of AAA is that it doesn't matter what vehicle you're in, you're covered, even if it's a friend's broke-ass truck. They'll come tow, as long as you're there with him.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have AAA with the RV coverage meaning it covers motorcycles. I have used it twice over the past four years for friends bikes I was riding with and the service was great with no added expense.

Well worth the $89 per year. I think that was the price, maybe it was a little lower if anything.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Most MC insurance policies include towing up to $50, if it doesn't you can get it. If you are a member of HOG you get towing coverage up $100 to the nearest HD dealer. If you have the HD ESP you also have towing coverage up to $100 to the nearest HD dealer. Use the towing service that you have from HD first then submit any additional towing cost to your insurance company.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I was a hog member for about 6yrs. Cancelled and got AAA. It covers my vehicles including my scoot. Plus you get alot more benefits with AAA

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I was a hog member for about 6yrs. Cancelled and got AAA. It covers my vehicles including my scoot. Plus you get alot more benefits with AAA
I was a HOG member for 2 years. I got the first year when I got my new FLTR and it was a complimentary free 1 year membership, I renewed the 2nd year but I found out in was pretty much a waste of money so I didn't renew. I use the towing from HOG 1 time when the rear wheel bearings went out at 16,000 miles. I have the HD ESP and towing on my insurance.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
HOG coverage left me stranded in Kansas for hours on my way back from Alaska. I had to arrange my own transport and pay out of pocket. HOG promised to repay the $75 I paid for the lift to a nearby indy shop. I submitted the proper paperwork and have yet to be paid. That was eleven months ago.

·
Super Moderator
12,353 Posts
+1 for AAA, I was going to get my bike towed with HOG until they told me it would be $125, and would have to be towed to the nearest HD dealer, not where I wanted it to go, almost forgot I had AAA, but I'm glad I did, cost $0 and towed where I wanted to go.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I have had AAA for over 32 years.
I have Premier + RV. It covers anything I drive or ride, anywhere.
Three tows per year. 1 up to 200 miles. 2 to 100 miles.
Plus 5 gallons delivered free. Unlock house included.

Best Insurence for tow service you can get.

·
Registered
85 Posts
tha AMA (no not the doctors!) have what sounds like a good towing benefit and several others as well. they are also a strong advocate for rights of all motorcyclists in DC! i've never had to use the tow service but it covers everything you own not just your bike. the major insurance company that has all our vehicles on it does not offer towing on bikes.

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/

·
Registered
25 Posts
Historically, I've used AAA RV+ with good experiences.
A few weeks ago, I had the need for assiatance, and I thought WTF---I'd try the HOG roadside assistance. Generally, I was disappointed... They tried to get somebody called "Al's Towing" to come after me. I called the dealer that they wanted to haul me to, the service rep said they've been there for 5 years, and never heard of that towing service. So, I was a little "leery" to say the least.
The HOG roadside rep on the phone appeared not to be very "motorcycle inclined" as far as knowledge, issues with traveling cross-country, etc.
So, next time, I guess I'll go back to AAA.

·
Registered
363 Posts
+1 in AAA - I posted a couple weeks back on a AAA service I required and it was great. Never used HOG but the service I got would give me no reason to go another route in the future.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts