Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://robbiescustomshowpaint.net/

I been dealing with Robbie for about 3 years now and the quaility of work just gets better and better. He runs sales all the time, 3 piece paint for a grand and the work is always outstanding. He has a great warranty and with 6-8 coats of clear it shines.

Also his airbrush work is second to none, Love his work and he makes it so anyone can get a custom paint job without getting a mortage. Honest and straight up, no bait and switch always a pleasure to deal with.

Last time i needed parts in a hurry he was able to give me a 8 day turnaround..

best way to reach him is by text 7O4-74O-9382

·
Registered
941 Posts
http://robbiescustomshowpaint.net/
..., 3 piece paint for a grand and the work is always outstanding. He has a great warranty and with 6-8 coats of clear it shines.
.../QUOTE]

Visited the hot link. Nice looking examples. Road Glides have
  1. Front fender
  2. Rear fender
  3. Front fairing
  4. Inner front fairing
  5. Lower right fairing
  6. Lower left fairing
  7. Right under seat
  8. Left under seat
  9. Left saddlebag lid
  10. Left saddlebag
  11. Right saddlebag lid
  12. Right saddlebag
Then if a tour pak, looking at $666 more 'cause two more parts (2/3)($1k)

So, each three parts is $1k, and I have 12 parts on the above list not including tour pak, then I am looking at $4k for starters for my Road Glide. Not saying the price is unreasonable for quality labor and supplies, just saying up front in pricing.

When I get my glide where I want it, I might be looking for a color change - or not. At $4.6k might be awhile, and from what I have seen $4.6k looks to be the market.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I think the 3 piece (tank & 2 fenders ) are standard for a bike. Most average that or more........I paid $1,500 7 years ago for a tank & 2 fenders. I'd think a full bagger would be a different total price.....can't really compare a bag lid to an outer fairing..........

Before assuming a $5K paint job, call the guy if your interested.......You'll probably be surprised..........

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It would be cheaper than u think. .

200 a part so 2400.00

stripping of all old paint, good primer , any base color excluding kandy paints, 8 coats of clear, sanding and buffing. You pay shipping no Body work

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Good guess but knowing the prices I believe it would be 3200+

Tank and 2 fenders 1000
Fairing 475.00
Sidecovers and lowers 750.00
Bags 600.00
Speedo housing and plastics 200.00
Tourpak I am not sure. .

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
That's still a good price! Most average bagger prices I've looked into are around $3,500 and those are pretty basic..........anyone looking to have a bagger needs to remember, that there is a LOT to cover......that combined with how many parts are plastic VS metal.......lot to be considered! I'll definitely be chatting you your guy when I finally get around to buying a tour pack.......I just can't seem to find a way to powder coat plastic !!:eek: LOL!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
941 Posts
It would be cheaper than u think. .

200 a part so 2400.00

stripping of all old paint, good primer , any base color excluding kandy paints, 8 coats of clear, sanding and buffing. You pay shipping no Body work
$2,400 is much more doable. Thanks for clarification. I'll return to this when I have my mechanic work sorted out.

On my 2008 FLTR 105th Anniversary, copper pearl and black, how many coats of clear did HD apply? Anyone know?

·
Super Moderator
12,310 Posts
Sounds good. Trust me from the experience I'm going through getting my bike painted this year. ... I'd rather pay more and get it done faster. I'm getting real candy on mine with 3 different colors and a little design, (I guess you could call that art), it's costing me close to 4k to do the bike plus 2 sets of lowers, 2 sets of side covers, an extra rear fender, 2 helmets, and I have a tour pack. Good price, but he took the job at the end of October. ..... I'm supposed to get the last parts this week, that's over 4 months. ... I missed the best part of the riding season. .... probably explains why I have almost 8k post. .. :eek: :D

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$2,400 is much more doable. Thanks for clarification. I'll return to this when I have my mechanic work sorted out.

On my 2008 FLTR 105th Anniversary, copper pearl and black, how many coats of clear did HD apply? Anyone know?
Harley clear is 3 coats I dont remember which but a few years had one or 2 more.

Sounds good. Trust me from the experience I'm going through getting my bike painted this year. ... I'd rather pay more and get it done faster. I'm getting real candy on mine with 3 different colors and a little design, (I guess you could call that art), it's costing me close to 4k to do the bike plus 2 sets of lowers, 2 sets of side covers, an extra rear fender, 2 helmets, and I have a tour pack. Good price, but he took the job at the end of October. ..... I'm supposed to get the last parts this week, that's over 4 months. ... I missed the best part of the riding season. .... probably explains why I have almost 8k post. .. :eek: :D

Sent from my SPH-L710
Yeah that is a good price but since oct? That's a 4 - 5week job. Charge him rent on the parts LMAO!... Hope you get your stuff soon cant wait to see it.

Also Forgot to mention if you live close to him you can drop your bike off and for a extra (I think) 400 he has a guy that will take all the parts off and put them back on after painting. I am doing that next year I rather not be bothered with it lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts