·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody used the locker rocker and do they work thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have not used them and I don't know anyone personally that has, but I've read nothing but positive things about them. I plan on putting them in the first time I have the rocker covers off...

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I have them installed. Do they take away all the valvetrain noise?? No.
Do they take away the noise in the 2500-3500rpm range that has plagued nearly every twin cam since their inception??
Yes.

They do work to take away the portion of the noise that is caused by the rocker shafts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is the same thing as Rockout or is it a different approach to the same problem?

·
Registered
546 Posts
If the rocker arms have back and forth movement and witness marks, good idea to install them. Most are not loose, so expecting the "lockers" to remove other noises such as lifter, heavy valve springs/seat pressure, or TB plate noise will disappoint.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Same here, know several who have installed them with good success. It does take away that dreaded 2800-3200 noise you hear coming from your your fairing area. On bikes without fairing, no-one ever hears this noise.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i installed the rouckouts (which are similar to rocker locker) and they def quieted things down considerably. there still is a tiny bit of valvetrain noise but it's an engine. i'd say the valvetrain noise was reduced an easy 80% and to me was definitely worth it. you mileage may vary.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
i installed rockouts on my cvo 110. while i didn't think that it was bad to start with, it was substantially quieter afterward. noise is reduced significantly. and in my case, not just in the 2800-3200 rpm range. definitely worth the $15

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have them on my bike. It is worth the 15 bucks.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Mine are in and what a difference. Night and day. I expected to still have more noise than usual with the 590 cams. It was a pleasant surprise how quiet my top end is now. Definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I have the Rockouts in my 120ST.... MAJOR change in noise in 2600-3000 rpm range.... well worth the $15. I put adj. pushrods in at the same time...

Reactions: RGKen

·
Registered
26 Posts
Noise

I've had a few different models lately. My 16 year old 95 Inch EG standard was a typewriter from day one24-29krpm. My 2013 FLS was quiet as hell, no valve train noise. My 2013 Heritage was so so 2400 - 2900 rpm tikety tikety, my 2016 RG has some valve train noise 2500-2900 Rpm range, but runs like hell! I will do R lockers this winter, as long as it's not as loud as ol blackie, I'm fine

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
you don't even have to wait until winter. they are an easy install.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I'm chicken...anyone around Quantico,Va willing to assist?...I have switched out complete exhaust, shocks etc...but internal motor not that confident

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I'm chicken...anyone around Quantico,Va willing to assist?...I have switched out complete exhaust, shocks etc...but internal motor not that confident
Not really internal motor stuff. You just take the top rocker box cover off to get at the rocker assembly. Get a manual and follow the procedure and you will be fine. The most important things are torque sequence and settings and to have the crank/piston in the proper position to relieve the pressure of the valve springs that you are working on at the time. Make sure you clean out any oil from the bolt holes before reassembly and reapply some thread locker.
Do your reading ahead of time and watch some video's and you should be fine. No it won't hurt to have someone there that has experience to help the first time but after you see how it's done you will see how easy it is.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Does the one set of rocker lockers for $15 do both heads or just one?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Rockout

Rockouts helped to reduce my top end noise.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts