Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install these? I have searched on line and have found some positive results. My 13 Glide Custom's motor is all stock with exception of DNA Slip on's. Tick is quite loud and drives me batty. For a 15.00 investment is it worth the trouble to remove box covers and install these? It does not appear to be that hard of a job but I will not know what the issue until after it is done. Just looking for advice and any guidance

·
Registered
889 Posts
They may not fix all of your ticking problem, but it definitely fixes the sloppy alignment of the rocker plate and stops the rocker arm pin from moving with the rocker arms. I still have some ticking, but the rockouts fixed the ticking i had in the rocker arm assembly. Well worth the $15.

Reactions: Serenity

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Quieted down my rattle from 2600-3000 rpms in my 120ST.. worth every bit of $15

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Serenity

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
They were WELL worth the money for me......eliminated most of the "Valve noise" I was hearing from the top of the motor.

If you can do it yourself? It's a no brainer.

If you're having cams installed? No brainer.

If you pay someone just to install them? You're looking at a couple hundred bucks easy. Only you can decide if it's worth that.

It was for me.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Anyone install these? I have searched on line and have found some positive results. My 13 Glide Custom's motor is all stock with exception of DNA Slip on's. Tick is quite loud and drives me batty. For a 15.00 investment is it worth the trouble to remove box covers and install these? It does not appear to be that hard of a job but I will not know what the issue until after it is done. Just looking for advice and any guidance
Great items to add.

IMO...if you're going to do this I would go to adjustable push rods also. I would replace the lifters with higher quality ones. S&S, Fueling etc... That will help too.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Great items to add.

IMO...if your going to do this I would go to adjustable push rods also. I would replace the lifters with higher quality ones. S&S, Fueling etc... That will help too.
I agree 110%... I did adj PR's at the same time as well

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Got these sitting on my toolbox awaiting my 57h cam install. I read all positive on it which is what prompted me to have them on standby. If all works out right and riding slows down, they will go in late September.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys That is what I have been seeing all along. Will look into rods as well

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
If a guy was doing a cam/bearing swap and rocker lockers and didn't mind pulling the rocker boxes would adjustable pushrods still be an improvement over stock pushrods? I like simplicity and having less parts that could potentially come apart on the road is the reason I ask. What am I going to gain by using adjustable push rods?

·
Registered
321 Posts
If a guy was doing a cam/bearing swap and rocker lockers and didn't mind pulling the rocker boxes would adjustable pushrods still be an improvement over stock pushrods? I like simplicity and having less parts that could potentially come apart on the road is the reason I ask. What am I going to gain by using adjustable push rods?
If you stay with stock lifters think about this. Is HD paying suppliers for high quality tight tolerance parts? Nope so adjustable PRs would compensate for that. If you use aftermarket you would be able maximize your lifter performance.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
If you stay with stock lifters think about this. Is HD paying suppliers for high quality tight tolerance parts? Nope so adjustable PRs would compensate for that. If you use aftermarket you would be able maximize your lifter performance.
No I hadn't given that any thought. Very helpful post. Thanks for that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well job is done and all complete Good news I learned about my motor a bit more with the help of a service manual and a little patience. Real easy to be honest Bad news it did not cure the issue. Seems like I may have some lifter issues or I just have a noisy motor. I do not feel this was a waste of time as again I learned a bit. Over winter I will look into push rods and upgrading the lifters For now she is running fine just a bit noisy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts