Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. i just upgraded to the Harley Boom Audio stage 1 system in my 2015 RGS, amp and speakers. Not at all what I thought it would be. I would like to know what amp I should go with. I am looking at the R600-4D Rockford Fosgate amp. Unfortunately, I don't know much about audio systems. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
68 Posts
I used the pbr 300x2 amp, t-1675 speakers. Had to do some cutting of factory speaker pods to fit, but sounds amazing!! Didn't go with factory flash, used the cycle sounds adapters and couldn't be happier. Wife loves it, says she hears it better than the old streetglide with 2 amps and 6 speakers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they make a 4 channel version of this amp. Will it have enough power to do the same for a system with 4 speakers? There will be half the watts to each speaker.

·
Registered
337 Posts
RF Amp

They do make a (4) channel version. I have the 300X4 in my 2013 RG. Amp works great, but I am going to have to upgrade my speakers again. I have 6.5 RF but they will not handle the bass, I get a popping sound if I go above half way on the volume with any bass. Make sure you get good speakers when you install this baby. :cool:

·
Registered
406 Posts
There will be more opinions on this than BBQ and motor oil..I have the Rockford 300x2 with J & M Rokkers in front, I can hear loud and clear at 75 mph

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone tell me if i have to have the boom box flashed again when switching from to boom audio harley amp to the RF amps? I don't think i will, but want to be 100% sure.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just had the RF 400w 4-channel amp installed in my 2015. Hertz 6.5" speakers in the fairing and RF 5x7 speakers in the back. This system is friggin loud. Can easily hear the words to the music and highway speed and only 60% volume.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am glad to hear that some of you are having success with your Rockford Amp I have the 300x4 with Polk marine speakers and still have trouble.

I am going back in for the 3rd time to try and set the gain one more fuckin time.

I have had the stock radio replaced once during all this time also due to the internal amp shuting down.

I have the gain set at 5 as per directions and my convo with the Rockford tech people. And done all the checking of my speakers as asked and still no joy.

It just keeps clipping. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I used the pbr 300x2 amp, t-1675 speakers. Had to do some cutting of factory speaker pods to fit, but sounds amazing!! Didn't go with factory flash, used the cycle sounds adapters and couldn't be happier. Wife loves it, says she hears it better than the old streetglide with 2 amps and 6 speakers.
Got any pictures of how/where you installed your tweeters?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts