Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has the head unit: Rockford Fosgate/Bagger Nation Digital Media Center??
I'm about to get it for my 2010 Road Glide Custom.
Your replys are much appreciated!

This is the description:
http://www.baggernation.com/products-stereo.htm
Rockford Fosgate/Bagger Nation Digital Media Center
If you own a Road Glide and your looking for the coolest stereo around your search just ended! We now offer our New Digital Media Center for Road Glides in a kit! This completely weather proof, state of the art system includes: AM/FM, Sirius Satellite, MP3 and I-Pod Functions. The faceplate and hidden control box will replace your stock head unit (with easy modifications). Each kit includes a satin billet face plate, Digital Media Center touch screen control panel, hidden control box that is also a 200 watt 4 channel amp. We have also just finished a peripheral option for the media center that will allow you to control the unit with your stock HD hand controls! (sold separately)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dont have the Yaffee version but I just did purchase the Rockford system.
Showed up in the mail tonight. I figured I could save a small fortune by purchasing the system off Ebay or Amazon instead of from Yaffee.

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=29205

This is the only person, on the 4/m that I know of that has this Head-Unit.
I did get to hear Micheal Ballard Bikes Stereo, last year, in Columbus, Ohio @ the EZ-Rider Invitational.
Its a Good L-OO-Kn Head-Unit!
and Phil from Baggernation plugged his Lap-Top rite into it , to play some tunes for me.
Havnt heard anything from the guy, in the thread above , in a while but ya mite want to pm him , for more info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't think Yaffe would sell just the faceplate...
Im not too worried about the faceplate. I'm doing a complete custom fiberglass inner fairing with a bunch of stereo junk jammed inside.

Rockford RFX3000 media center
JL Audio 7.7'' marine component speakers w. tweeters
Siruis Radio
Arc Audio KS300.5 bridged to 2 channel

I'm taking pictures of my progress which I'll post later.

I love following everyones bike projects.

·
Registered
138 Posts
http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_15823_Rockford-Fosgate-RFX3000-Marine-Hide-Away-AM-FM-Receiver.html It don't look like that media center comes with controls what do you use?

Im not too worried about the faceplate. I'm doing a complete custom fiberglass inner fairing with a bunch of stereo junk jammed inside.

Rockford RFX3000 media center
JL Audio 7.7'' marine component speakers w. tweeters
Siruis Radio
Arc Audio KS300.5 bridged to 2 channel

I'm taking pictures of my progress which I'll post later.

I love following everyones bike projects.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You use this.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_28423_Rockford-Fosgate-RFXMR5BB.html

Ive cut down the plastic around my factory head unit to make it fit the media center controls a bit better. I figure this will open up some space to put tweeters high up in the dash.

This is just ya teaser pic but you get the idea of what I'm doin.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You use this.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_28423_Rockford-Fosgate-RFXMR5BB.html

Ive cut down the plastic around my factory head unit to make it fit the media center controls a bit better. I figure this will open up some space to put tweeters high up in the dash.

This is just ya teaser pic but you get the idea of what I'm doin.

WOW that looks like a project! and a lot of sound! cool! It will be bad A55 for sure! I have a few questions? I saw pics of what I thought was that remote unit and it looked like it fit in the oem hole but needed a plate to cover the right and left sides, is that correct? Because it looks like you have cut a way bigger hole up there. Also how do you mold / repair on the plastic of the inner fairing?
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
WOW that looks like a project! and a lot of sound! cool! It will be bad A55 for sure! I have a few questions? I saw pics of what I thought was that remote unit and it looked like it fit in the oem hole but needed a plate to cover the right and left sides, is that correct? Because it looks like you have cut a way bigger hole up there. Also how do you mold / repair on the plastic of the inner fairing?
Thanks
I held the Rockford controller up to my stock fairing as I was hoping to use it for a while before I got the new one done. From what I can tell, you have to trim a bit on the fairing around the origional factory stereo opening. The Yaffee plate covers up the empty space on the sides of the OEM hole and it also covers up the part you need to trim belong and above the OEM hole.

I dont want to do any trimming of my origional inner fairing so I'll just have to make do with the factory harley head unit for now.

As for molding/repair im using fiberglass but you might be able to kind of see how I filled in the speaker holes that were on the inside of the inner fairing where someone had some speakers before.

For those holes, I epoxied some plastic to the backside of the fairing, filled in the speaker hole with plastic and the a quick skim of bondo.

I'll start a new thread for my build once I get a bit more done on it.

The weather is a bit cold here and I hate sanding inside the garage. Just waiting to for the weather to warm up so I can get back outside and start working again.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I held the Rockford controller up to my stock fairing as I was hoping to use it for a while before I got the new one done. From what I can tell, you have to trim a bit on the fairing around the origional factory stereo opening. The Yaffee plate covers up the empty space on the sides of the OEM hole and it also covers up the part you need to trim belong and above the OEM hole.

I dont want to do any trimming of my origional inner fairing so I'll just have to make do with the factory harley head unit for now.

As for molding/repair im using fiberglass but you might be able to kind of see how I filled in the speaker holes that were on the inside of the inner fairing where someone had some speakers before.

For those holes, I epoxied some plastic to the backside of the fairing, filled in the speaker hole with plastic and the a quick skim of bondo.

I'll start a new thread for my build once I get a bit more done on it.

The weather is a bit cold here and I hate sanding inside the garage. Just waiting to for the weather to warm up so I can get back outside and start working again.
Cool Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye out for your build.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I installed the Medallion system a couple of weeks ago. Got it from J&M at a good price. It is the RF Media center, with a waterproof control panel that fit the DIN opening. It also give me control of iPod, USB and aux via hand controls and iPod and USB cables long enough to reach the saddle bags. So far I love it. Sound is much better than the HK unit. I am also running the RF amp, J&M speakers in the upper and Kappas in the lower. I will try and post pics of it later

·
Registered
287 Posts
Here is the Medallion unit which is the RF Media Center with Medallions control panel. Fits well in the single DIN. I have the chrome cover on but it also come with a black one

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Here is the Medallion unit which is the RF Media Center with Medallions control panel. Fits well in the single DIN. I have the chrome cover on but it also come with a black one
I like that! So you say it's the same system as the Rockford one for boats?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yup, I was surprised when I opened up the instructions and it included the instructions for the RF Media unit. So from what I can tell the main unit is the RF with all the interfaces for handlebar controls of the radio, Sirius, iPod, USB and aux. Th iPod and USB cables reach to the saddlebags. I added the Sirius receiver (about $40 on Amazon). The control panel is water-proof and I think the systems sound great. Takes a little time getting use to how to control everything (like with any new stereo), but I am very happy with it so far

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yup, I was surprised when I opened up the instructions and it included the instructions for the RF Media unit. So from what I can tell the main unit is the RF with all the interfaces for handlebar controls of the radio, Sirius, iPod, USB and aux. Th iPod and USB cables reach to the saddlebags. I added the Sirius receiver (about $40 on Amazon). The control panel is water-proof and I think the systems sound great. Takes a little time getting use to how to control everything (like with any new stereo), but I am very happy with it so far
Thats great to hear, thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anybody have any more info on the mr5bb n rfx5000 ? I got both these but the head unit looks WAY to big for the factory opening on my 13rg... I know it said you have to trim a bit but it looks like a Lot!
Are you running another amp besides the rfx5000 or 3000?
Any pix n info is appreciated!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts