Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did the Rockford Fosgate/Bagger Nation Media Center head unit, with the attachment to be able to run all my controls in the handle bars. Then installed the Road glide unit with the 4 speakers and the amp. I was happy about the head unit for a little while then the aggravation started setting in. The Sirius tuner that is needed is no longer manufactured and so you have to track that down. Sometimes while going down the road the radio will automatically switch from iPod to regular radio by itself, and then other times it will pause the iPod and kick in and out on its own. As far as the speakers. They sound good until you have the Volume turned up to 22, and are trying to hear it doing 80+ miles and hour going down the highway. It doesn't happen. Tooling around town, and getting up to ~60 your doing ok. Compared side by side to the factory radio, no contest, but I will be adding another amp, and the Sinister Industries lower leg covers with 2 6X9's, and possibly switching out the two forward facing speakers for a component system, and installing two tweeters. Also so everyone knows, this radio was professionally installed, it wasn't one guy who thinks he knows what a flux capacitor is. All in all my recommendation, I would put together your own system, there are lots of companies out there making amps to fit inside the fairings, and marine grade speakers, and head units.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
All in all my recommendation, I would put together your own system, there are lots of companies out there making amps to fit inside the fairings, and marine grade speakers, and head units.
Q-Hog will tell you first hand this is what he recommends and this is the route I'm going in myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts