Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to see if anyone else but bagger nation has a hand control wire harness for the rockford fosgate rfx mr55bb head unit with the rfx 5000 thank you

·
Registered
47 Posts
Contact PAC. They make a SWI - RC which works. Radio has to accept a plug in remote. Just got Sony marine radio with harness, remote and install kit. On ebay from VolunteerAudio. 259.00 shipped. Radio does every thing RF does and has a cd. Player. Install was plug and play. Only have to cut and ground one wire. Didn't spend $1000 or have to wait for Mr. Yaffe to "develope" something.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am looking to see if anyone else but bagger nation has a hand control wire harness for the rockford fosgate rfx mr55bb head unit with the rfx 5000 thank you
Im still trying to find this "head unit" that you speak of. Based on part numbers provided, you are installing a card/usb reader and a control panel? How do you plan to make that work with controls? Im lost....

·
Registered
203 Posts
As far as I can tell NO ONE but Yaffe has this set up. I called them (Rockfiord) a while back and they would not give me a straight answer. Also, I have a friend who is a distributor for Rockford Fosgate and even he couldn't find any info out for me. I like the looks of the unit but for what the end cost would be there are much better head units for less money. $280 for a hand control kit is crazy! Probably a re-boxed $50 steering wheel control module from PAC or Peripheral

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think it would be better for you if you went the traditional route in regards to a head unit. The link you posted goes to what looks like a marine radio that gets mounted to a specific mount....and not a head unit that can be installed in your bike and work with your handlebar controls. Are you adding this in with your existing radio or trying to make this an all in one? Whichever case, it would be best to get a sony, kenwood, etc aftermarket radio with all the features you desire, or get your head unit re-worked by iron cross. Either way, it will be way easier than trying to go at it alone. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts