Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started out with a PBR300x2 and some Kappa speakers. Once the summer months came into play I started having overheating problems and the amp finally died. I dont need something crazy for sound but I was wondering if anyone has tried these https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pm100x1k/ . I like the idea of not having to run extra power if it's not needed. My current system of stock 6.5 boom, kappas and the xm module actually provide more sound then my buddys 2018 with the stage 2 speakers due to the gain I get from the xm module.

So if anyone has used the RF PM100X1K amps I would appreciate some input. I could only find 1 post on the hd forums where Rockford Fosgate was asking for testers but couldnt find any real reviews.

·
Registered
8,759 Posts
I like you , I had a pbr 300x 2 burn up on me. I'm staying away from RF amps for the mc. I would want more than 100 wpc also.

Reactions: Live2Ride

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
I don't know anything about thr RF amp you are asking about. For $399 you get a hawg wired 300 or 400 watt amp that will never fade based on 4 years worth of beating on one. A bunch a stereo gurus will jump in with great more knowledgable info than I. Lots of options out there for that kinda dough.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know anything about thr RF amp you are asking about. For $399 you get a hawg wired 300 or 400 watt amp that will never fade based on 4 years worth of beating on one. A bunch a stereo gurus will jump in with great more knowledgable info than I. Lots of options out there for that kinda dough.
I agree there are more options for that kind of money. That may be why I have only been able to find one review. I like the simplicity of these and the mounting possibilities. I was also looking at the Biketronics setups because they say there is some type of internal fan. I have a B52 amp that I might attempt putting in.

·
Registered
760 Posts
The 300x2 is the most entry level of entry level amps and you found it's achille's - heat. Stay far away from that PM100, not even remotely worth it. The RF TM400x4 is a good amp and a lot of guys are very happy with it in bridged mode. It's underpowered as a true 4 channel amp, but bridged it works well. Even the 2 channel version would work well with the 2 ohm Kappas if you're only running fairing speakers.

If you want to stay on the budget end of the spectrum the CV B54 or B52 is a good match for those kappas. If you're willing to invest in biketronics stuff problem solved. Lifetime warranty, unbeatable customer service, and a solid product. Only downside is no knobs for fine tuning, but they provide gobs of clean power that is plenty for most applications. I've ran their 2180, 4180, and have the new 4250 sitting on the shelf waiting to install.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I'm running a RF TM400X2ad and it benched tested at 537 watts. It's been on my bike for about 2 years now and have not had any issues.
It's loud and clear pushing a pair of HAT Clarus 6.5 and Legatia tweeters.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm getting the same amp as Corgu2169 installed today, swapping out the factory speakers for the Mille Amp 165.3's.
System came highly recommended, my mech said he's never had a problem with the amp and it will provide plenty of power should I decide to run speakers to the detachable tour pak or saddlebag lids.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Will the TM400x2 fit into a 2015 RGS under the faring (under HU w/o modifications)? It's my understanding it will pair nicely with the Kappa's 62.11i but will it fit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts