Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone started using the new RF head unit for 98-13 RoadGlides? Wanting to know if you can actually see the display in sunlight?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
These units are just now hitting the market, I doubt anyone has any real time data on them. I am curious about them myself.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Does anyone know if the RF PAUX will fit the gas tank console comm port? I want to buy the radio and use this as a means to play music off my memory stick.
https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/paux/
You can always get a usb extension cable and put it where ever you want. I have an Alpine 149 and ran a usb cable in the wiring tray under the tank to my tour pak and use my Ipod or thumb drive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Finally got this unit installed. Biggggg difference over the stock unit. I have a Ultra and it's full plug and play. Of course you lose the CB and Intercom, but you gain Bluetooth, sound quality, and tunability. I had two after market amps, one for the front speakers and one for the rear. Didn't have to touch any of that, changed the radio. Because of the strong signal, I had to turn the Amps down. Awesome unit. You will not be disappointed with this unit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I guess I'll ask again, for those who have installed these in their Road Glides can you read your faceplate in broad daylight???

·
Registered
14 Posts
...can you read your faceplate in broad daylight???
The simple answer is yes. Now, I haven't gotten out that much since I put it in (winter in New England) so take this with a grain of salt - There's a "day mode" that essentially shuts off all the colors and turns the background white with black text for the station/song info; like a marine radio. I was able to see it the whole way to lunch and back. Couldn't say that for the Aquatic.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Do you have the key fob and security on your bike and did the new head unit work with that? Or is it only for bikes without security?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Found out that the security system for HD’s dont run through stereo head unit, but through another system. So no issue with changing the head unit if you have a HD security system.

·
Registered
211 Posts
just got my RF head unit kit installed. Really like it and seems plenty bright.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts