Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Shark Nation!
I have always run Rockford Fosgate gear in my hot rods, low riders, CJ's and SS Impalas since I was in High School. I have never had any issues with their products and love their sound. Has anyone out there installed their gear to the HK radio?? If so, I'd love to hear your feedback. Thanks in advance. Jimmy O.

·
Registered
659 Posts
you just have to make sure it's compatable and preferably marine grade.

I think the HK is 2 ohm not 4 so you need to match it up..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bro! Will clarify that the HK is 2 ohms. I also need to find out the dimensions of the one of their competition's amps that is mounted either on top of the HK or on it's side inside of the fairing for clearance purposes. Anyone have that info handy?? I'd love to mount a 1K watt amp inside of the Shark Nose, but I dont think they make one that small; yet!! :mad:

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
In the newest Yaffe catalog, he is working with them on making a kit. All it said was coming soon.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Yaffe uses Hawg Wired and Rockford Fosgate combinations for his builds, he usually uses their speakers on custom installations he does because they are thinner than the Hawg Wired and he can fit them in more areas

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the 411 regarding PYO offering/using RF gear Chainsaw and TJ!! Will research it further and post what I find at a later date. Jimmy O.

·
Registered
97 Posts
have used them on the rear pods for the tourpack and also in the fairing. 5 1/4 rear 6.5 in the fairing using adapter rings. Excellent result but I am driving them with an Alpine HEad and Alpine 600W amp. I have actually had better results with the Polk MM series in the fairing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts