Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the many good reveiws on the RF PBR300x2. I found it on Amazon, new for $151. I have a 2011 RG Custom.
Going to do a set of J&M speakers instead of the Boom.

My question:

Do I really need to buy the mounting bracket and wiring kit?
Thanks!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yes, I just installed that exact amp with those exact speakers on a friends 2011 RG and the mounting bracket worked perfectly. If you don't buy the wiring kit you will need to buy 10guage wire for running power and install an inline fuse. you will also need to buy male and female speaker ends so you can connect the inputs from your stock radio into the amp and then run the outputs to your speakers.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
After reading the many good reveiws on the RF PBR300x2. I found it on Amazon, new for $151. I have a 2011 RG Custom.
Going to do a set of J&M speakers instead of the Boom.

My question:

Do I really need to buy the mounting bracket and wiring kit?
Thanks!
If you know what your doing you can piece together the wiring parts for cheaper than a kit. However a kit is usually very convenient. As far as a mounting kit that amp fits perfectly on top of your stock or aftermarket radio and secure it with double sided tape. 3 dollar mounting solution extremely durable.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If you buy the RF wiring kit it adds a year to your amp warranty. If I remember right it was 30-35 bucks on amazon.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I also picked up the mount from H-donut. Fits great and takes up very little space under the fairing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I deal Rockford and if you buy it on amazon or ebay you can damn near throw your warranty out the window. Alot of the products they sell are old stock. When Rockford does warranty they go off the serial number. At that point they usually do a repair not a replace. so you will be waiting most of the summer . If you Deal with a Rockford Dealer Or representative it is different. The ones I sell are more than amazon but I offer replacement. Do what you will but that is just a little insight on warranty threw MOST companies

·
Registered
139 Posts
Will the Rockford Fosgate RFK10 10 AWG Power Only Install Kit work. I've read on the reviews that the ground is too short to reach the battery.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Has anyone heard good, or bad about the systems that Fosgate sells OEM for RG's?? I saw some at Paul Yaffe's site also, just curious about it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts