Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 RG Special, Stage IV
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
3 years ago I installed the Rockford Fosgate Harley kit on my 16 RGS. Just recently one of the speakers sounds like the cone or something is rattling. I assume its blown. Is there upgraded speakers that I can install, or just replace these with the same thing?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
mmats 601.cx are a HUGE improvement over the RF's (most anything is) next would be ground zero yellow basket 6.5's. both would do better with more power than the amp you are running can provide, but both will far outshine the rockford's. I know the tm400 says it's 200x2 but in reality it's closer to 100x2 when measured with a voltmeter.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So will they be better than stock with same amp? I don't want to switch amps, just want to put a speaker in that won't blow up again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
3 years ago I installed the Rockford Fosgate Harley kit on my 16 RGS. Just recently one of the speakers sounds like the cone or something is rattling. I assume its blown. Is there upgraded speakers that I can install, or just replace these with the same thing?
I am by no means an audio guru, but I’m basically doing the same thing. I am unhappy with my RF stage 3 sound and I’m pulling all 4 speakers and replacing them with HERTZ SPL SHOW NEOs. From my research they are fully weatherproof and are the best speaker that you can install in the existing cut outs without any further modifications. I’m sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will chime in, but that’s where I landed.

I’ll let you know my thoughts on the HERTZ later this week when I get them installed.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Do you mean Ground zero GZTF 6.5X?
No he means Ground Zero - GZCF6.5SPL’s

Sorry I missed a couple of replies. These or the MMats PA601cx’s. Both of these would sound good on the RF amp. GZs will give you a full sound a tad of umph, a lot better than the RF speakers. That’s what I would replace the RF with if you aren’t interested in replacing the amp or adding anymore speakers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No he means Ground Zero - GZCF6.5SPL’s

Sorry I missed a couple of replies. These or the MMats PA601cx’s. Both of these would sound good on the RF amp. GZs will give you a full sound a tad of umph, a lot better than the RF speakers. That’s what I would replace the RF with if you aren’t interested in replacing the amp or adding anymore speakers.
Dumb question maybe, but are either of these waterproof on a Road Glide?

·
Registered
221 Posts
The GZs are highly weather resistant as the voice coil is protected by a rubber-like material under the tweeter. I have seen these speakers still blasting in a downpour and come out unharmed. Your waterproof marine speakers will not satisfy you as the materials that the speakers are made of can’t produce a better sound than these. The GZs are in tons of bikes enough that if someone had issues with water, it would have been mentioned here or on other forums.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts