Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went ahead and got the pbr300x2 and hooked it up as directions said.Positive to battery,ground to chassis.and remote off of an accessories to turn it on. It all fired right up and powered on. Then i cut the rca off and wired to the speakers wires from the radio and then from the amp to my speakers. Now it will not power up at all!!!! So i took off everything except the positive,negative and remote wire and it still wont power up...:mad: I now have read on the forum if u eliminate the rca no need for remote wire. Could i have popped the amp with both hooked up???? Any help would be appreciated. thank you

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I had the pbr300x4 and it operated with either hi (speaker) or low(RCA) level input. Remove the remote cable all together. It should power up when it senses the signal from the hi level inputs.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Might be a stupid question, but did you check to make sure you didn't blow a fuse?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i checked my fuses and all good.I ran a negative all the way back to the battery and it powered right up. idk. i worked before off my chassis ground but it works now that its back to the battery. Defies all my wiring thoughts but it works so :confused:

·
Registered
295 Posts
I never hooked up the remote wire but faced some issues with Power and ground wire. I ran two RF amps and faced issues with blowing fuses and clipping. After consulting with a buddy who installs for a living I determined my issues was not running large enough diameter power wire for the two amps. I initially bought a Yaffe install kit which used 12 gauge power wire to a distro block with 14 gauge to the two amps. After changing out to 8 gauge wire to a distro block and 10 gauge from the distro block to amps and 60 amp fuse all my issues have been resolved and it does not clip at all!

I have been using 10 gauge wire on single amp installs I have done for buddies with great results.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all working good. took a 8 guage from positive to distribution block then 8 guage to amp. also took 8 guage from ground to terminal block then 8 guage to amp and it runs perfect now. thanks for all the info. this forum is the best:D

·
Registered
209 Posts
I recently went ahead and got the pbr300x2 and hooked it up as directions said.Positive to battery,ground to chassis.and remote off of an accessories to turn it on. It all fired right up and powered on. Then i cut the rca off and wired to the speakers wires from the radio and then from the amp to my speakers. Now it will not power up at all!!!! So i took off everything except the positive,negative and remote wire and it still wont power up...:mad: I now have read on the forum if u eliminate the rca no need for remote wire. Could i have popped the amp with both hooked up???? Any help would be appreciated. thank you
you don't want to connect the remote turn on lead on these PBR amps unless you're using RCA inputs. Reason is the amp has an auto-sensing circuit through the speaker input leads that detects voltage and turns the amp off and on. This input voltage amount is controlled by the 4-6v knob on the amp. When this amp is turned on in this fashion, the remote turn on lead becomes a remote output lead and will feed power back into your electrical circuit. A dead giveaway is when you turn your ignition off, your gauges are still lit up and your radio is still lit up and they'll stay on until the storage capacitors in the amp are fully discharged.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PBR300x2 install

I just got the PBR300X2 and an after market Alpine HU..... i also have the Biketronics adapter which you plug the white and grey speaker leads to from the HU. If i cut the RCA can i run the speaker wires from the HU into the Amp without any wires going to the Adapter ? I ask cause I have read that you get better sound doing it that way than using RCA, but that was alo on a stock HU.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
What Ultranutz said. If running high level input on this amp , the remote input becomes a remote out put.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I just got the PBR300X2 and an after market Alpine HU..... i also have the Biketronics adapter which you plug the white and grey speaker leads to from the HU. If i cut the RCA can i run the speaker wires from the HU into the Amp without any wires going to the Adapter ? I ask cause I have read that you get better sound doing it that way than using RCA, but that was alo on a stock HU.
No just split your speaker leads from the rear of the head unit and run them into the hi inputs in the amp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
you don't want to connect the remote turn on lead on these PBR amps unless you're using RCA inputs. Reason is the amp has an auto-sensing circuit through the speaker input leads that detects voltage and turns the amp off and on. This input voltage amount is controlled by the 4-6v knob on the amp. When this amp is turned on in this fashion, the remote turn on lead becomes a remote output lead and will feed power back into your electrical circuit. A dead giveaway is when you turn your ignition off, your gauges are still lit up and your radio is still lit up and they'll stay on until the storage capacitors in the amp are fully discharged.
I can vouch for this... I had this happen and I couldnt figure out where the power was coming from...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts