Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to our Rocky Mountain Shark riders.

In consideration, and based on previous SW events, it is obvious many of us can't find the time or don't have the desire to venture more than a one-way two day ass chapping ride from our home hub.

I am not advocating we abandoned or attempt to trump our National SW gatherings. I am proposing we begin a Rocky Mountain Chapter to organize Rocky Mountain meet and greet events and a three day annual Rocky Mountain SW with our adjacent State SW riders.

Possibly the benefits of these rides and events will allow us to plan, present and successfully sponsor a future National SW.

Any takers? Shemp, Group W, Nails, MDWatson, RGMumbles, ??? :surprise::surprise:

Let's start the conversation. Ride safe and often.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hello to our Rocky Mountain Shark riders.

In consideration, and based on previous SW events, it is obvious many of us can't find the time or don't have the desire to venture more than a one-way two day ass chapping ride from our home hub.

I am not advocating we abandoned or attempt to trump our National SW gatherings. I am proposing we begin a Rocky Mountain Chapter to organize Rocky Mountain meet and greet events and a three day annual Rocky Mountain SW with our adjacent State SW riders.

Possibly the benefits of these rides and events will allow us to plan, present and successfully sponsor a future National SW.

Any takers? Shemp, Group W, Nails, ??? :surprise::surprise:

Let's start the conversation. Ride safe and often.
Radio check from Montana... I'm closer to Canada here but can be into Wyoming or Idaho/Utah in 5-6ish hours. Northern Idaho in 4ish and Spokane in 6ish hours.

What did you have in mind?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thinking there are enough of us in the Rocky Mountain area to organize a few extended local rides and an annual Rocky Mountain SW gathering. I know there are too many great rides in these States to count. It would be a good way to take great rides, plan future rides, and to consider ideas for hosting a National SW gathering. Not excluding anyone from any ride. Just looking for takers like myself who want to explore the beauty our Rocky Mountain States. All of your interests are appreciated and will hopefully result in many great rides. I will start a list of takers and get back with the group about ideas for a meet and greet this fall.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I don't have a lot of time for big trips, but depending on the location I could be game.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Not sure if there's any traction on this. But I'm near CoSprings and would like at least one regional event that is at someone's house, campground, field, back yard, etc instead of hotels. I loved going to NC for SW VII but it was sheer luck that I made it out there (time and money both). A Rockies gathering wouldn't necessarily supplant SW in grandeur or attendance, but it would be nice to have something on the calendar that is less than two days' ride, especially for those who can't make it to the Big Show. Maybe plan it for 2019 since SW VIII is in Durango...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Not sure if there's any traction on this. But I'm near CoSprings and would like at least one regional event that is at someone's house, campground, field, back yard, etc instead of hotels. I loved going to NC for SW VII but it was sheer luck that I made it out there (time and money both). A Rockies gathering wouldn't necessarily supplant SW in grandeur or attendance, but it would be nice to have something on the calendar that is less than two days' ride, especially for those who can't make it to the Big Show. Maybe plan it for 2019 since SW VIII is in Durango...

We do an “Anti-Sharkweek” event in CA every year. We have done 5 now with different people hosting in CA. We usually have 20-30 people and have a blast. Sounds like all you need is for someone to make it happen! Just pick a place, choose some dates and meet.

Good luck. Get a hold of me if you have any questions

Bill

·
Super Moderator
9,678 Posts
Nuthin' stopping you , just find someone or be the someone to make it happen .. I have put a weekend ride together for the last five years or so , not a big group but we have some regulars and some new faces each year ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts