Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering riding from Vegas to the Rocky Point Rally at Puerto Penasco. My preference would be to take Highway-95 all the way down to Yuma and cross the border at San Luis; then take Mexico Highway 2 east to Sonoyta. That route would parallel the border for about 170miles.
Alternate route would be to go to Phoenix and take Highway-85 south and cross the border at Lukeville; then south to Sonoyta.
US State Dept. generally advises to drive the least amount of miles as possible on Mexican roads.
I will be riding solo.
If I go via San Luis/Hwy-2; I would be traveling in the morning before noon.
So, question is---should I take shorter route via San Luis/Mexicao-Hwy-2, or the longer route via Phoenix/Hwy-85? I am slightly in a "crunch" for time and I would like to vary my routes (take one way there, and then another way back to Vegas). Should I totally avoid Mexico Hwy-2?
Thanx to anyone who can give me some good advice regarding this.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Sounds like a good time!! Don't forget to get insurance for riding into Mexico because your USA insurance is not good south of the border, and don't forget a good pair of shoes because you will need them for your walk home:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Personally I wouldn't go at all unless I was with a pack. You can't carry and things are just too iffy due to the face that all eyes are aware if the event. Safety in numbers. If you do go I'd stay on most traveled public roadways. Good luck and safe travels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts