Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need sone help, I removed my screaming eagle heavy breather and went to bolt on the new roland sands turbine air cleaner, directions state that 2008 and 2009 FL need to use the throttle body bracket doesnt mention 2010 so I began the install installing 2 breathers the backing plate and the 2 slotted breather bolts but when i tighten the bolts the slotted bolt covers have play in them? is that because I am not using the throttle body support? dont know what im missing here? I also dont have the original throttle body support when I upgraded to the heavy breather plus the heavy breather doesnt call for it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Pretty sure the directions will be the same for 2008 and up. Directions are probably not updated. I would like to see some pics of that breather. I have been looking at it myself.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Set up all done finally!

Well I finally got my missing pieces and I am all set, much different look wise than the SE Heavy breather... dont know which one I like better?

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Well I finally got my missing pieces and I am all set, much different look wise than the SE Heavy breather... dont know which one I like better?
I wanted to go that way too but couldn't as I have a 58 mm throttle body so I had to go the HD route. It wasn't what I wanted, but I am ok with the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
That breather looks cool as hell. I like it more than the HD personally. Good choice.

Rowdy

·
Registered
68 Posts
Really cool lookin' a/c. If you decide to go back to the Heavy Breather, just pack that baby up and mail it to me!

By the way, the Arlene Ness a/c also requires the throttle body support bracket, which the SE version does not.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Metime-I have lots of questions, you put on the Roland Sands breather-I LOVE it! so if you ever decide to go back, I'll take it off your hands. What parts were you missing? Who did you get it from?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts