Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those rolling into Kerrville for the Texas Shark Week 3.5 sound off please. Want to see whose riding through where and if others can tag along and ride some of the challenging/entertaining local roads on the way.

I plan on leaving Austin on Thursday sometime near noon and taking a few back roads.

Anyone else rolling through near that time?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'll be there on Thursday afternoon.going back roads all the way,going to seymuor and dowm

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be there on Thursday afternoon.going back roads all the way,going to seymuor and dowm
If I were you I would be doing 16 most of the way. what little I've seen is great and every article I've read says it's worth the ride from top to bottom.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
I stand corrected, Thanks Harley again. That's why I have Wanda for a social planner...she tells me where to be and when! We are leaving Wed. I corrected the previous post.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
I stand corrected, Thanks Harley again. That's why I have Wanda for a social planner...she tells me where to be and when! We are leaving Wed. I corrected the previous post.
Damn arkie, don't be trying to shorten my vacation:mad: :D

Jetro, we are leaving Frisco in the AM like arkieglide said but undecided as of which route wee are taking yet. We will give you a better idea as we get closer and maybe you can meet us along the way?

·
Registered
955 Posts
If I were you I would be doing 16 most of the way. what little I've seen is great and every article I've read says it's worth the ride from top to bottom.
Tx hwy 16 kicks ass! I've not been on all of it but it's on my bucket list. It starts down near Laredo I think and goes I dunno how far north. But I've been between San Saba and Bandera on it and it's a graet ride.

BTW we'll be doing 16 on Friday's ride, up to Llano area.

·
Registered
169 Posts
thanks,I can pick up 16 in graham, I've been on it some but I'll take as far as I can.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
If anyone is rooming with someone who backs out, I have a friend who is looking to share a billet. This guy works in healthcare and works an odd schedule. Despite my advice to book early and cancel if he had to, now that he's confirmed that he can make the trip, he can't find a room. I'm told the YO cancellations are being given to others on a waiting list.

It's clearly his own fault, but I'm just trying to help a brother out.

Thanks!
I may have an extra bed, don't remember if I booked a single or double. I'll check when I get home and let you know.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
For anyone wanting to join our group on the way down here is the route we are planning on taking.

https://www.google.com/maps?t=m&ll=31.0312411,-98.2607452&z=9&geocode=FdLW-QEdxJY6-ik9lAm8GjxMhjGi_sg1sHHTyg;;FQkc5wEdj-At-ilLhMHsX9pPhjFMf3ezFE4ZQg;FRQu4wEdIbYl-imNZQSbpGtQhjH5SX6_yDfWAg;Feay4gEdWZkk-ilPPwRR1W5QhjETg48rO8kGqQ;FYL33wEdiuUj-in9_bFZAHpQhjGWGjQJxUwSZg;FTxs2gEd9Lkg-imn1SQOOGJahjGOkeM-9fNG1g&saddr=Frisco,+TX&via=3,4,5,6&daddr=32.7419181,-97.0203391+to:Meridian,+TX+to:31.6656837,-98.1918392+to:31.6341499,-98.2647433+to:31.455106,-98.310774+to:31.091772,-98.5185404+to:30.0712877,-99.1107248&dirflg=d&output=classic&dg=ntvb

Planning on leaving Frisco around 9am and stopping at Wenzells in Hamilton for lunch.

http://wenzellonestarmeat.com/deli-menu/

We may meet up with Jay2beers and Deb somewhere after this point around San Saba. Willing to make slight detours or wait along the way if wanting to join us for the trip down. Just PM me and I will send you my cell #.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts