Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again Rolling Thunder draws near. this year more than any other is important. With this sequester in place Obama and his goons are killing national events relating to military personnel. and the events relating to them

this year more than any other, our voices, our prayers, our presence need to be heard, felt, and voiced for our brothers and sisters serving, served, and who have made the ultimate sacrifice. They need to know that their service and dedication was not in vain.

Im heading to DC early Friday Morning maybe even Thursday night to avoid the traffic. I'm going past DC to areas just south of DC and meeting a crew of friends and vets whom i served with. and making a weekend of things while we are there.

if anyone is interested in the company going south, im more than happy to ride in groups or with road partners. till we reach our destination.

I hope to see many of you down in DC showing your support for the many Veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much for so little.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I will be there. I am going to start a thread in a couple of days to try and set up a Shark meet and greet for possibly Saturday 25 May.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lemme know your travel plans. Maybe we can shoot down together. As far as Saturday goes. That's a very busy hectic day . Getting a group to meet might be tough . Its very chaotic and busy on Saturday .

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
Good event that has sadly lost some of its original focus. The "ride" has taken over the original message. Too many amateur riders that just want to be seen but don't know the history. Lots of slow speed tip overs every year. -- Ride into DC. Park along E st NW or G st NW in between 18 and 22nd. Watch the event from Memorial Bridge. DOOF

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thats usally where we watch --you are right Doof to many wanna be's-- We usually go over on Wed To sight see and honor My Brothers before all the others show up

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats usally where we watch --you are right Doof to many wanna be's-- We usually go over on Wed To sight see and honor My Brothers before all the others show up
i dont understand what ya mean by wanna be. granted i dont have much patience for the young crowd, but a vet, is a vet, is a vet period. im known to open my mouth and check a kid or two remind him what this is about, but we cant make this event about those that have served 40 -50 years ago only, this is about all that served, all who've sacrificed. for example last year some jack shit was smokin tires, i casually walked up and say hey , thanks for your service, but your smoke is killing the mood son, a few people chimed in, he apologized and that was the end of it.. they know only what they see andcan get away with .. the old addage, it takes a village to raise......you get the rest..

we are all that we have...i have no shame, ill hold your hand and be proud with you.

·
Registered
270 Posts
CRZYLGZZ not trying to insult ANY vet. I was refering to those that just want to be seen and claim to be something they are not, some are there for a totally different agenda.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't implying that you were I was just merely voicing my opinion.. no insult taken or given. I'm not like that .

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I went last year with American Legion Riders from Dover, DE. Sadly, I won't be able to join them this year. Estimated 400,000 bikes took the ride, about an equal number lined the route as spectators.

No claims, status or agenda required--simply show up to demonstrate your support for soldiers and vets. :)

Very well-behaved crowd. It's undeniable that veterans, as a group, are absolutely some of the best citizens...Rolling Thunder will make you proud!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went last year with American Legion Riders from Dover, DE. Sadly, I won't be able to join them this year. Estimated 400,000 bikes took the ride, about an equal number lined the route as spectators.

No claims, status or agenda required--simply show up to demonstrate your support for soldiers and vets. :)

Very well-behaved crowd. It's undeniable that veterans, as a group, are absolutely some of the best citizens...Rolling Thunder will make you proud!
ive been in attendance now for several years now, my first time i took the train, i stayed at a friends place in locust grove, and we drove in.. only recently have i started riding my bike down. hawkeye has a valid point, there are folks that go down there and think this is another daytona, or even sturgis, running around drinking makin noise and flt out asses of themselves. i just avoid them. but if i cant avoid them, then i say something. but thats rare.

anyways we are sliding away from the point of this thread.. lol

if anyone from the northeast area, NY, NJ, CT, wants to get together for the ride down, by all means, please, shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'll be there. Riding in sunday morning with a group of fellow FD/PD guys, along with a few veteran friends. This is my 2nd year attending. Im apart of the Legion Riders as well. At 26 years old, no military expierence, I hope people dont look at me odd, but I support our troops so much, Im always doing events and donations. Both my brothers did 9 years each in the Army, Ive lost friends over seas, My grandfather was in WWII. I proudly wear my Legion Riders vest everytime I ride. Im a SAL at Legion Post 237, Beverly Hills FL. Although I live in MD, most my family is members at the post, so I joined as well, as I plan on living in FL sometime soon. I look forward to RT, it brings a smile/tears to see the support for our veterans. It seems in todays society, its hard to find support anymore. Especially with the way this country is being run.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'll be there. Riding in sunday morning with a group of fellow FD/PD guys, along with a few veteran friends. This is my 2nd year attending. Im apart of the Legion Riders as well. At 26 years old, no military expierence, I hope people dont look at me odd, but I support our troops so much, Im always doing events and donations. Both my brothers did 9 years each in the Army, Ive lost friends over seas, My grandfather was in WWII. I proudly wear my Legion Riders vest everytime I ride. Im a SAL at Legion Post 237, Beverly Hills FL. Although I live in MD, most my family is members at the post, so I joined as well, as I plan on living in FL sometime soon. I look forward to RT, it brings a smile/tears to see the support for our veterans. It seems in todays society, its hard to find support anymore. Especially with the way this country is being run.
I'm doing the RFTW all the way on the southern route. I'm a proud Legion Rider as well with no military service. My dad is a Vietnam Vet and 28 years active duty. I spent my first 18 years on bases and have a great understanding and appreciation for the sacrifice our military and their families make everyday. I proudly wear my Legion (squadron) vest and look forward to following my father-in-law, also a Vet, and honoring my dad at this great event.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, as it stands I'm leaving tomorrow approximately 630-700 am. Ill be riding 2 up and heading south. Along I95 . Supposed to rain but I'm going regardless,. I hope to see a few people on the road for coffee.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts