Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share this for those of you who hate the heel shifter like i do.

I found this on Amazon, for a few bucks less than other eliminators, and my previous experience with the Horsesh*** quality of the Covington's eliminator, made me want to find another option.

The Fit and Finish is great, i didnt expect much from Amazon, so i was pleasantly surprised on the quality.

Notice: I do run a shitty youtube channel that's why the photos look staged, I dont have any connection with Rooke besides me purchasing this item.

I cant post a link to the item yet, just search Rooke Heel shift eliminator and it should pop right up on google.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Interesting. I just took my heel shifter off and put a cover over the exposed teeth.

Not sure I would want it sticking out further, but for those who moved their floorboards out further this might be a good option.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Kuryakyn has one too (in chrome and in black).

kuryakyn-precision-heel-shift-eliminator

As previously mentioned it does also push the toe shifter out a little bit. The similar HD part comes in chrome only (would have to powder coat if you want it in black) and that one caps the heel shifter part, leaving the toe shifter in the same position.

HD heal-toe-shifter-shaft-cover

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I have the HD one on my bike now. I used it on my 2012 SG and it was fine. For some reason the shifter on the RGS I have now feels like its to far in so I ordered one from DK Customs. It's just a plane black spacer and is $16 shipped.

Heel Shift Eliminator

·
Registered
342 Posts
I feel like a hoosier. I just cut a piece of chrome spacer I had laying around. I think it was from a ceiling fan.
You boys is fancy.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
I feel like a hoosier. I just cut a piece of chrome spacer I had laying around. I think it was from a ceiling fan.
You boys is fancy.
Shit man a Chrome spacer is fancy!! I took a cut off wheel and zipped off the access shaft.....A little black touch up paint on the shaft end and it looks oem...

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
i prefer this style to just the cap. with the toe shifter in the stock position, i felt 'pigeon toed' when trying to shift. this moves it outward about 3/4'' which makes a huge difference in feel with very little difference in appearance.

i originally got my spacer from a dude on the hd forum who custom machined them himself. think i paid about $11 for it shipped back in 2007. every time i sell my bike, i take it off and move it to the new one. the heel shifter is usually taken off the new bike in the dealer parking lot. hate them things.

·
Administrator
10,474 Posts
i prefer this style to just the cap. with the toe shifter in the stock position, i felt 'pigeon toed' when trying to shift. this moves it outward about 3/4'' which makes a huge difference in feel with very little difference in appearance.

i originally got my spacer from a dude on the hd forum who custom machined them himself. think i paid about $11 for it shipped back in 2007. every time i sell my bike, i take it off and move it to the new one. the heel shifter is usually taken off the new bike in the dealer parking lot. hate them things.
yeah I got one of those also and frigging left it on the 08 when I traded .. The '11 just took the heel off and used a spacer and the swanky cap from HD for $15 and ..

that cat didnt move too many of those things before he was shut down ..

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
i didn't realize that he was 'shut down'... what happened?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You boys is fancy.
Nothing wrong with that at all.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
You boys is fancy.
I've used 1/2" copper pipe as a spacer. If there's comprehension issues, I'll use a washer on each end. Paint it, or polish it, and yer done.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
See photo for why red lol

It actually matches pretty well, I was surprised.
Check out what the local dealer had Artist Ted Turner do to a denim red Road Glide.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The art work, or the entire package?
I'm not a fan of that color and then the pinstripes make it even worse. I didn't care for the pinstripes that were on the older specials when they had them either. Just looks to busy.

The ones on your bike are a little less in your face because the color is subtle on the green paint.

By the way, what dealer is that at?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts