Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of doing the ROT rally on my way to shark week. Looks like there are 2 venue sites this year. Looking for some local advice or someone familiar with the rally to suggest a place to stay. Would like to be able to use Marriot points but don't want to be in a bad area or not close to the event. Dos and don'ts? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Been going there for many years, and I stay out by the airport. The rooms are still reasonable priced and you are about equidistant from the campground and 6th street. There really isn't anything close to the campground where the actual rally takes place, and anything close to 6th street will cost you a fortune.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I've stayed in downtown itself a couple times, have stayed in an RV many times. A good place to stay would be in Cedar Creek, TX. I stayed in my toy hauler near there last year, but there is Hyatt Lost Pines you could stay at. It's about 20 minutes to the Travis County Expo Center which a bike show, concerts, plus titty parades at night. The party used to be on 6th street itself but they moved it to the Austin Statesman. It's ok there but I spent only a very minimal time there. The concerts there are free, but anything in the campground/Travis Country Expo area is going to cost you a registration fee to get in but you will get a shirt and conmemorative pin since it the 20th anniversary of the Rally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts