Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 Road Glide has been diagnosed with having a bad stator for the second time. Now they tell me that it maybe because of a bad rotor and there is really no way to verify that.
The bike is still under warranty (bought the extended one).
The stator and voltage regulator are being replaced under the warranty, but since the " faulty rotor" can't be verified it is not covered.
So is there a way to verify if the rotor is truly bad?
Really wish I wasn't going to have to pay out of pocket for the rotor above the deductible on the warranty.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
There isn't much that can go wrong with a roator. A visual inspection should indicate any damage. Tough decision on a part that could cost $200. I doubt if it is the problem, but since going in there I would replace it. That way if there are further problems down the road, you checked that box. If they didn't change the voltage regulator the first time around then this might be the problem. Let us know how it works out. db

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I am all good with my choice to not buy the H-D extended warranty. The salesman would have really enjoyed the big bonus for selling it though...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had the voltage regulator replaced, pus the stator. Old rotor went back in as one was not in stock. I couldn't be with out my bike for the week or so it would have taken to get one in. Had serious case of withdrawals for the couple days I was without!

The voltage regulator had been replaced in its first year under the "advisory" recall. Now both are fresh parts together.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I hear ya TLWiz. They will take your cashola and trash your ride. Best thing is to get in there and do it yourself. Replaced my stator last week and front wheel bearings on Saturday night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts