Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Road Glide Special, hoping this will get better with more miles but as of now I am concerned. The bike runs great at speeds over 40. At lower speeds it seems to have breathing issues. At a stand still after riding several miles the bike will shake and seems to idle rough or low and seems to be running hotter then any other Harley I have owned in the past. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Stage I kit will do wonders for cooling the bike down.

The rough running at idle when warm is probably the EITMS kicking in. It will shut down the rear cylinder at idle to help keep the engine cool. Makes it idle funny but is totally normal.

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Stage I kit will do wonders for cooling the bike down.

The rough running at idle when warm is probably the EITMS kicking in. It will shut down the rear cylinder at idle to help keep the engine cool. Makes it idle funny but is totally normal.
I did a stage 1 with new head pipes on my 2015. It seems to run cooler than my 2009 stage 1 with lowers.
+1 on the EITMS. Mine came disabled. When I enabled it, I noticed a significant difference at idle.

· Registered
47 Posts
I didn't realize how much of an impact the catalytic in the stock headpipes choked the engine until removal. Exhaust breathing easier made a huge difference and cooled down enough to notice the difference. Fuel Management is lean from the factory which also adds to the heat problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.