Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2016 Roadglide standard 3 days ago. It has about 500 miles on it now. The bike rides really rough like back jarring rough. I have adjusted the shocks to all air pressures and does not seem to help much. Any one put different shocks on there RG Standard and make it ride smoother? Love the bike but would like to have a litter smoother ride.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Rough too

I have a 15 RGS with tourpak and I had to change my shocks almost immediately. The ride home from the dealer the day I bought it was rough as crap. I have a spinal cord injury and bolted together lower back from military and I need a comfortable ride just to be able to ride. I put on a complete kit from Dirty Air Works that has the corvette air shocks. It has been a lot better since. I just ordered a set of Super Shox that should be here Monday. Check out their website and videos, I am excited about trying them. They offer a 30 day test ride, if you don't like them, send them back and get your money back. They are $629 plus shipping. I don't know of any others that offer money back test ride. I will let you know how they ride if you are interested.

Nick

·
Registered
593 Posts
My 2012 RGC rode better than the 2008 Wide Glide that I had, but wasn't a great ride. I bought my 2015 RGS and thought it was a lot better than the 2012 RGC but still wasn't what I would consider a great ride. This past weekend I spend the day riding my buddy's 2010 RGC and it was a night and day difference from my new sled. He has the Progressive 944 Ultra Touring shocks on the back and the Progressive monotube setup in the front. I was sold after riding his bike. I've got a trip coming up in less than 2 weeks so I've already ordered the rear shocks and plan to change the front sometime after the trip (no time now).

My advice is try somebody else's setup if at all possible. The Progressive stuff seems to work way better than any HD stock stuff.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Plenty of suspension upgrades available out there, it really just comes down to how much your willing to spend. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I have a 15 RGS with tourpak and I had to change my shocks almost immediately. The ride home from the dealer the day I bought it was rough as crap. I have a spinal cord injury and bolted together lower back from military and I need a comfortable ride just to be able to ride. I put on a complete kit from Dirty Air Works that has the corvette air shocks. It has been a lot better since. I just ordered a set of Super Shox that should be here Monday. Check out their website and videos, I am excited about trying them. They offer a 30 day test ride, if you don't like them, send them back and get your money back. They are $629 plus shipping. I don't know of any others that offer money back test ride. I will let you know how they ride if you are interested.

Nick
I'm running the Supershox and could not be happier!!!!! Ride is great and you can't beat the warranty.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Got mine sitting in garage ready for install this week with progressive monotube and a whole bunch of other stuff
Hoping to do monotubes on the front next winter. Supershox might be coming with a front suspension sometime. Brian at Supershox said he'd let us know if they do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts