Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mrs. Moneybags gave me a gift certificate for fathers day for my local HD stealer so I decided to get the round shift linkage they have.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/round-gear-shift-linkage

It's got the Heim joints on both ends, looks way better than the el cheapo stock linkage and I've been looking atit for a while now so, what the hell.
Wow! What a difference!
Not only does it look way better but it's so much more stable than the stock linkage, it shifts better! And it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that it's not gonna fall apart in the middle of a ride!
I know I could have pieced together much the same thing from different sources on the Internet for a good bit less money but hey, I had the gift certificate so why not.
So take my advise, if you haven't already replaced your shift linkage, get one! You'll be happy you did.

HSP

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
On my round-tuit list is chucking up a piece of stainless in the lathe and knocking out a custom shift linkage, might even splurge for the stainless heim joints so I can polish those up too. I got a bunch of 1/2" stainless around, just need to put it to use.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
On my round-tuit list is chucking up a piece of stainless in the lathe and knocking out a custom shift linkage, might even splurge for the stainless heim joints so I can polish those up too. I got a bunch of 1/2" stainless around, just need to put it to use.
Maybe you can go into production, and sell them to forum members.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Mrs. Moneybags gave me a gift certificate for fathers day for my local HD stealer so I decided to get the round shift linkage they have.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/round-gear-shift-linkage

It's got the Heim joints on both ends, looks way better than the el cheapo stock linkage and I've been looking atit for a while now so, what the hell.

HSP
You've been looking 'atit' for a while now? I guess that wasn't the only round thing on your mind eh? :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Or yet another, Drag Specialities has been providing nice threaded SS Cr plated hiem joint ends to replace the junk ball sockets for years. Use your existing rod, @ $17 each

·
Registered
119 Posts
new shift linkage

Just back from a trip and my stock shift linkage was rattling like crazy. Upgraded to a new one with heim joints and what a difference. The shifts are smoother now and more crisp all the sloppiness is gone. This should be one of the first mods any makes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts