Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like 95 north from SC , with a stop at the 600 mile mark around PA for me , inroute to shark week 4 next year , i havent been up that way in years

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like i would need to jump on 77 out of sc to catch 81 , might do that instead , really do not want to 95 thru Dc, pa & NY if possible , i know i am planning a bit early lol

·
Administrator
10,397 Posts
ya aint early . already got my route figgered out , pick up 81 in Knoxville and run it to Harrisburg , and then 84 ( I thinketh ) and something else, bypasses DC and skirts NYC

JtB

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Sat in traffic yesterday on I95 between DC and Quantico VA, coming back to NC from moving my daughter from DC to NYC. Almost 4 hours to go 40 miles. That stretch any time between 8AM and 8PM is always a mess. Go 81, it's not worth the hassle on I95 in DC or the NYC area.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Looks like i would need to jump on 77 out of sc to catch 81 , might do that instead , really do not want to 95 thru Dc, pa & NY if possible , i know i am planning a bit early lol

I am heading up from Jax, Fl. were you at in SC? Could meet in Columbia and head north on 77 to 81 from there....

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I will be coming across 90 so if you all take 81 up to 88 and over to 91 at Albany I'd be happy to meet up with you guys. If you plan a different route and go straight up 81 to Syracuse I could meet you there as well.
Never to early to plan.

·
Administrator
10,397 Posts
My route is

85 to Atlanta

75/40 to Knoxville

81 to Scranton

84 to Sturbridge

90 to Westborough

495 to Amesbury

95 to Gray

26 to Bethel

Never too early to start looking into this and fine tuning routes and connections along the way

Open to suggestions beyond Scranton from you peeps up there for fine tuning

JtB

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
You definately want to stay away from 95 through NJ to CT. Rts 81 and 84 are the way to go. CT is doing road work on 95 so who knows how long that will take. Im up for meeting anyone on 84. Im just outside of Hartford too so if anyone needs a place to set up a tent or whatever let me know

·
Registered
354 Posts
From Pensacola I am thinking of shooting up straight into Ohio (via AL, TN, KY) and then running across PA into New England. It may be longer but less traffic and great scenery most of the way.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,932 Posts
My route is

85 to Atlanta

75/40 to Knoxville

81 to Scranton

84 to Sturbridge

90 to Westborough

495 to Amesbury

95 to Gray

26 to Bethel

Never too early to start looking into this and fine tuning routes and connections along the way

Open to suggestions beyond Scranton from you peeps up there for fine tuning

JtB

As far as Interstate routes go, you nailed it Jack. 495 loops around Boston and ends in the east by dumping you onto I-95. I-95 to Gray, then 26 straight into Bethel. Easy 2.5 hours from where you get on I-95 to Bethel. Whatever host location we end up with will be a short ride from Bethel.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,932 Posts
From Pensacola I am thinking of shooting up straight into Ohio (via AL, TN, KY) and then running across PA into New England. It may be longer but less traffic and great scenery most of the way.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Take I-84 from Scranton and then follow the route JTB has laid out above.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts