Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about riding across New Hampshire and Vermont on either route 2 which I believe is the Mohawk Trail or Route 9 which is listed as the Franklin Pierce Hiway - and picking up I-90 near Albany NY.

Anyone ridden either of these ? and will share information , road conditions traffic etc - I would certainly appreciate any insight.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,814 Posts
Route to SW

I love it that so many are already anticipating and planning their routes to SWII.

Hard to believe that it was around this time last year that, Hot rod dad, dream rider, chain,Bill (The amdin) and myself were having our first discussions about Shark Week 2011. Can't wait for 2012 SW.

How about taking Route 2 westward? Go through Canada and then take the Great River Road going south into LeClaire. Just an idea.

If you are looking for individuals to ride with catch up with G-Man. He is from Maine.

HUTMO

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are several of us in New England talking about traveling together - I think there is an old thread somewhere on the forum statrted last fall.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Thats all in Mass. Thought you were talking about US 2 across to Burlington for a minute.

Came back thru there in 08 on the way home from Va. Beach
Very scenic, high and crooked out by N Adams. Remember the road was
good, not a lot of traffic. We came up thru Pittsfield from Kingston NY
and turned east at N Adams, Crossed into NH near Keene, up to Concord
and then 202 north to Augusta.

NY roads were good on both sides of the river. Never been thru Albany, my brother says its a zoo. I would think once you hit the slab it shouldnt be too bad.

You might consider going to Brattleboro VT, take the Molly Stark Trail across to Bennington (fuel stop at Hemmings Motor News station:cool:)
Take 7 to Albany or something. Molly Stark Trail is a nice road. we wnt down 22 and 9H and crossed the Hudson on the Rip van Winkle bridge near Kingston and Saugarties both going out and coming back, but thats south of Albany some.

Not a mile builder out thru there, but you would make up some on the I90 slab.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts