Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow RG Riders,
I have a trailer hitch that came off an '06 RG Ultra, but does NOT fit on my new 2013 RG Ultra . . . please see pics . . .
Would prefer to trade if possible, but am willing to part with this to help make up some of the cost for the new one I'm having to buy.
Please PM me if interested.
Thanks
GIJoe

RG Hitch 1.jpg

RG Hitch 2.jpg

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
interested

Why doesn't the hitch fit? too wide? too short? could yo modify it to fit? It looks like it was fabricated in a shop. Do you know where it was manufactured? or who made it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It is too narrow . . . in '12 HD widened the rear end of the RG to fit a 180 wheel/tire, so anything prior to that will be too narrow . . .

It was given to me by a fellwo riding friend because he no longer has his RG, so I will ask him who made it . . .

Without some pretty good rigging and finagling, I doubt it could be modified to fit . . . someone with a machine shop could probably work wonders, but alas, I don't have one . . .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke with my buddy who gave it to me, he said he did buy it off E-Bay and it was from a Company, not a person, but he doesn't remember the name of the company. He bought it several years ago and no longer has that bike.

I can tell you, it's very solid, very well put together. It's just a little too narrow for my bike, the holes don't line up, and my 2013 Saddlebag brakets don't accomodate the upper holes.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts