Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems everytime i wash my bike my rs400 amp dont come on. I wash it trying not to get too much water in between the fairings and dry it with the master blaster. Even let it sit for a few hours before i started the bike. The pbr amp still powers up but no hawg wired. Last time this happened i had to take the remote wire loose then reattach it. Kindof a pain though having to take the fairing off after i got her all nice and clean.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guessing noone else has experienced this?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
First time I washed mine after H/W was installed I blew the fuse. The 2nd time my 4 front speakers wouldn't work for a couple hours. Pulled my faring off and check the wiring. The 2 faring speaker plugs were exposed where water could get in them. Taped them in against the inner faring and they've been fine ever since.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I have 4 HW amps, never had it happen to me.

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could see this but everything under my fairing is soldered and heat shrinked except for the remote wire on the amp since its a spade connector.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Could you possibly have a cold solder joint?

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wouldnt think so. The way i get it to work again is unplug the remotr wire at the spade connection and hook it back up. Maybe i need to just solder that wire to the amp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts