Road Glide banner

Run/brake light set up

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  duglauraflht 
#1 ·
How's it going all. I want to get some info on adding the run/ brake light set up on my 2000 SERG. She's an old one, and I don't know if the plug and play stuff goes back that far.Also need to see if I need a load equalizer too. I'm running a led headlight, which is 1000pct better than stock. Now I need to be seen from the rear. If anybody has suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks

#2 ·
If you're going to do led in the rear signal, yes, you will need a load equaliser. Same for the front singles. A second load equaliser will be needed.

That said, I had the kuryakyn panacea tail light on the 01 Fatboy. Was great. Now have the Custom Dynamics Magic Strobe on my 15 RGS. 11 settings if you go with led lights. Less if you stick with incandescent bulbs, but still an improvement.

#3 ·
where do all these plugs go? Looked at CD website and those things don't look too small. And for the rear alone you need the adaptor and eqaliser. Expensive as hell, not including bulbs.

#6 ·
I had to modify my stop/tail lights to meet European standards two years ago. I used Custom Dynamic LED lights front and rear. I would call them they will help out with the correct selection of lights for your beastie.

#7 ·
The load equaliser will plug into connecters under your seat. It's simple enough to do. Don't have to get the ones from Custom Dynamics. There are cheaper ones out there that work just well. Pretty much paying for the name.

#8 ·
After replacing my headlight with Fuelmoto H4 HIDkit, I replaced all turn, brake lights with custom dynamics led lights...and used there brake, turn flash plasma rods too...Big fan of CD...awesome lights and proven true and solid performers....Call CS and they will guide you in the right direction for your specific year sled.....Good luck...pay oncee, cry once!!

Attachments

Reactions: madmat
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.