Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any distance runners around here?? I'm set to run my first 1/2 marathon in July. I'm hooked on this running. Set a personal goal of less then 2 hours for completion of the 13.3 miles. Anyone else got the bug? My training has me running 30-35 miles per week.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Getting out the door and running is the hardest part, once you are done, you feel great all day...Good Luck with your training!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting out the door and running is the hardest part, once you are done, you feel great all day...Good Luck with your training!
Dealing with some pesky shin splints, trying to nurse them with compression socks. So far I think they are working. I'll be happy when I can run pain free. I agree though once you get out the door the battle is over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Kabanshee,
Set realistic goals to measure your progress and when you run, lean slightly forward and keep your chest open but don't bend at the waste. If you're losing form on any of the above, you're tired and should stop or start walking until you can run in the best form you can.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I restarted running when I was 40. Only wanted to be able to run the Marine Corps pft again. Which includes a 3 mile run. That was about this time of year. Ran my first 5 k race in October that year. I was hooked. My wife got into it to. Since I have ran a dozen half marathons, and three marathons, countless 5 ks.
I trained using the Jeff Galloway run walk method. Google run injury free. Also get the right shoes, there are three primary styles, cushioned, stability and motion control. Go to www.roadrunnersports.com and click on the shoe dog tab. It will help with the right shoe selection. Shin splints can be caused by the wrong or old shoes and also bad form. I'm recovering from out patient back surgery, but hope to run a 50k next April . Remember you have to build endurance before speed. Good luck. Hope I'm not to late with this post

1 - 6 of 6 Posts