Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will start upgrade on audio and want to know if there is a way to run the amp power wire and ground without removing the tank?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Get your self a clothes hanger and duck tape the power wire to the hanger. Now carefully feed it under the tank and be careful that you dont force it too much. I did it this way, but loosened up the tank bolts so it would move a little bit. Real easy to feed.

·
Registered
656 Posts
First to fish a wire under the tank you still have to remove the center console. So removing the tank is 3 bolts and a quick disconnect for the fuel. One a scale from 1 to 10 it's a 1. If you are looking to do it quick I would run it over the tank and under the console.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was'nt sure about the tank removal. Sounds easy enough. Not looking for a quick way, just want the wires in the harness.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Don't ise a hanger, you'll scratch the paint.

find a 4' long wire tie, and cut the locking end off.

This is what we use in the car audio industry as a wire snake, and it will not scratch the paint.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with MassHD - removing the tank is a 1 on a scale of 1-to-10 and is the best way to run the power wire. This way it can be tucked inside the plastic wiring channel that runs over the backbone & protects the wires. It's very easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts