Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good link or is there a sticky on how to attach your wires to the chain in order to run the wires internally through bars that have 90 degree bends???? Donk 's Sticky is great however it doesn't tackle this part.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would try electrical tape. Make sure you pull it tight (even stretching a little) as your wrapping the wire bundle and chain together. You would probably want the chain overlapping the wire harness a couple inches. This way you have 2" worth of tape holding it together as you pull. (the 2" is just a guess, ya might get by with less or you might need more).

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I used a longish piece of shrink tubing over the wire bundle and shrunk it tight beginning well below the pins. I then folded the excess back down (leaving a (loop"), to where the tubing was started and taped the crap out of it so it was nice and tight. That gave me nice pull point from the center of the bundle. Then it was a simple matter of attaching the chain to the shrink tube "fold" with some wire. (hope that makes sense).

It's important to NOT pull from the pin location as they can easily be broken or bent.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Just did this on my SG. The key is to stagger the ends of the wire bundle about 1" each so you're not tugging a lump through the bend. Push from one end as you pull from the other. It should work.

When my cable techs have a tight multiline pull through a full pipe with a 90 degree bend, they sometimes grease the wires.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,, appreciate it, when I get these Yaffe's i'll just make sure that I make it a whole day project and send the wife to the mall, they always have a way of breaking the creative cycle, I just stained the deck for her so should keep her off my back for a minute so I can indulge in one of my personal projects, LOL

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I ended up running the wires a couple at a time and using weed wacker string taped at least 8" with plenty of windex as wire lube. Stay persistent and it'll work, just pretty frustrating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts