Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an aftermarket TP I want to wire up for 2 circuits.
Brake light I am going yo wire in with my Plasm rod. Where should I tap into run light for the other circuit? Thanks guys.
'13 custom

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Running light can be picked up from any +12 switched wire. I like the ACC plug under the seat for this and the brake light.

Green wire for the running light, red wire for the brake.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I have an aftermarket TP I want to wire up for 2 circuits.
Brake light I am going yo wire in with my Plasm rod. Where should I tap into run light for the other circuit? Thanks guys.
'13 custom
Not sure what you mean by "where", but I believe the blue wire is the one for running lights.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just went to wire in the run/brake lights on TP. That is not the wire color code that's on the aux socket on my '13 custom.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Is this what it looks like, with a rubber plug? If it doesn't look like this, you got the wrong plug.

And with the rubber plug out.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
The factory in Mexico (that's supposedly where the looms are made now) probably used different colors. But the position in the connector will be the same. If you have a meter, you can verify Ground, running, brake, and ACC

So, upper right would be running lights, and lower right brakes. Note, that if you use the upper right for running lights, the light you wire in will be on even with your ignition switch in the accessory position.

Not trying to confuse the issue, but there's also a plug under the left side cover for hooking up running/brake lights.

·
Registered
491 Posts
+1 on using a meter. Its always a good idea to know what is what when it comes to wiring.

·
Registered
734 Posts
U also have an auxiliary brake and running lights port under ur left side cover ( it's a 3 pin molex connector). I do believe it's there to connect auxiliary brake and running lights to

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Getting real close guys. Don't think that is a "Molex" connector as when I looked up to buy it wasn't same. This is the Aux stop run connector. Yes I used a meter. Anyone know what the name of this connector is? See pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Multi-lock 070 3 pin Male Connector Made by Tyco. The female is on the bike.
Found the part on another forum. This is what you need to plush into the run/brake auxiliary connector by the fuse block.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Getting real close guys. Don't think that is a "Molex" connector as when I looked up to buy it wasn't same. This is the Aux stop run connector. Yes I used a meter. Anyone know what the name of this connector is? See pic.
That's the connector, I made a simple y harness and I have my tour pack spoiler and saddle bag spoilers connected to it... It gives me running and brake lights ( sorry about the name)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts