Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Gurus,
here is the situation: 2007 Road Glide
Had some trouble with my left turn signals,, removed he fairing, cleared the pinched wires, then everything was ok. after a few days, I noticed I had no running lights. Checked fuses, ok, bulbs ok, removed the fairing, unplugged front turn signals and checked current. 0 for running lights, ok for turn signals.

I am now a bit lost and dont know where to look for.

Any Ideas? Break lights working, turn signals working, and funny enough, I have some auxiliary led running lights on the saddlebags and those are working too!!

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Weird electrical problems suck!
Most of the time a bad ground is the cause of the electrical problem so checking your ground connections is a good place to start.
Also check the fuse box running light fuse location in the box, the contacts in the box itself will seperate a little bit causing a bad connection on the fuse prongs. A good sign of this problem is that the fuse will slide in/out with little resistance.
Bending the contacts in the fuse box a little so it makes good contact with the fuse prongs will insure a good fuse connection.
I had this problem with the brake lights once and it was a real head scratcher because everything had the appearance of working properly, the fuse was good and there was power at the fuse location in the fuse box.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
I'm not saying that's your problem but it's worth checking into. I think that when that problem happens in the fuse box it is heat related and once the connection get bad the heat builds up and the tabs separate.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Did you check power going to lamp on both sides ? How did you check the fuse ? By eye or meter ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
understand, makes sense. However,what still puzzles me is the fact that the led lights are working..perhaps they are spliced into a different wire

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Well start in the fuse box and check if you have power on the fuse box tabs in the that fuse location, with the fuse removed you should have power on one side of the fuse location the other side will be dead.
Then put in a good fuse and see if you have power on the other side if you do then move down the system and check for power.
It sounds like you have a broken wire somewhere, if you had the positive wire shorting to ground you would have a blown fuse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts