Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received and installed one of the now discontinued Rush cycle-pedic seats. I am still deciding on which rider backrest to go with. I am interested in HD's pneumatically adjustable backrest but would like to hear from anyone else with this combo as to whether there were any compatibility/fitment issues before I make the financial investment.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have the Rush Cycle-Pedic seat and love it for long distance rides. No backrest, sorry.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
What was the positioning change on the seat from stock? back, up, etc?

Possible to load a few pics, side and top?

Mustang makes a simple backrest kit..depends on how elaborate you want...

thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I recently received and installed one of the now discontinued Rush cycle-pedic seats. I am still deciding on which rider backrest to go with. I am interested in HD's pneumatically adjustable backrest but would like to hear from anyone else with this combo as to whether there were any compatibility/fitment issues before I make the financial investment.
I have the same seat and use the HD adjustable backrest and have no fitment issues. I have done many long days 12-18 hour days on this seat. I have had it about 3 years now and put over 30,000 miles on it and really like it. I believe a Corbin would be better but I don't like the prices of them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't aware Corbin made a similar seat - cutout for the tailbone. But like you said, the price would be a real factor, especially considering I only paid $199. I'll have more money in the backrest.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't aware Corbin made a similar seat - cutout for the tailbone. But like you said, the price would be a real factor, especially considering I only paid $199. I'll have more money in the backrest.

Corbin don't make a seat with the channel but are very comfortable seats. I also got my cycle pedicure for $199 and already had the back rest.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Bandit, do you have any pics with that backrest/seat combo? I am curious how much of the bracket sticks out above the seat.
It sits above the seat about 1.5" at the lowest setting for the backrest. I didn't like that so I cut an 1" off of my backrest bracket so that mine only sets about .5" above the seat. I can take a picture and PM you later today but as I said mine is no longer the stock height.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
It sits above the seat about 1.5" at the lowest setting for the backrest. I didn't like that so I cut an 1" off of my backrest bracket so that mine only sets about .5" above the seat. I can take a picture and PM you later today but as I said mine is no longer the stock height.

This is the best pic I currently have that shows the backrest height. If you need a better one let me know.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1485784498.431435.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts