Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I read the thread on Mean City Cycles, which I am a big fan of, and post # 15 references these seats from Rush and the discounted prices they are selling at. I believe it's because they redesigned them and these are discontinued now. For the price point, I didn't think it would hurt to pick up a plusher seat and if necessary send this one to MCC instead of my stock '15 seat. I ordered the ST0120 from http://rushracingproducts.mysimplestore.com which took less than 2 days to receive. IT was $199.95 delivered vs. what they had been selling for at $499.95. So onto the nitty gritty, the fitment suffers just a bit up near the gas tank, but once again for the price, in my opinion, makes for one helluva plush, comfortable, affordable, replacement seat. Check it out if you are in the market before they are gone.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I've been on that exact seat for over 25K now. I like the seat and have done several 800 + days on it with no problems. There may be better seats out there but not for the price. The fit to tank you're referring to loosens up some over time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just ordered one. I did see the new seat recently with the actual channel cutout. It felt like it would be a nice seat for the long haul but I wasn't quite ready to part with that much cash. Unfortunately it too has a gap between the front lip of the seat and the edge of the tank trim. Not cool for a $700 MSPR seat. But I'll part with $200 for this outgoing seat.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just ordered one. I did see the new seat recently with the actual channel cutout. It felt like it would be a nice seat for the long haul but I wasn't quite ready to part with that much cash. Unfortunately it too has a gap between the front lip of the seat and the edge of the tank trim. Not cool for a $700 MSPR seat. But I'll part with $200 for this outgoing seat.
Welcome to the Forum! I don't have a ton of miles on mine, but from what I do have it is still a great buy. I'm going to see if my attitude towards it stays the same this summer or if I feel like I can make it better.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Once the seat arrives, I will then need to decide which backrest to add - HD or Kuryakyn. That along with the highway pegs I have ready to install will add to the overall comfort of the seat. I'll be surprised if it isn't the final setup.

·
Registered
29 Posts
According to the website, I got the second to the last 120. Well worth the risk at that price. Actually there really isn't a risk as I'm sure I could get the $199 back out of it if it isn't for me. Thanks for the post OP!

·
Registered
59 Posts
According to the website, I got the second to the last 120. Well worth the risk at that price. Actually there really isn't a risk as I'm sure I could get the $199 back out of it if it isn't for me. Thanks for the post OP!
Mine arrived yesterday but it's currently snowing. Going to be a bit before I get to see just how much of an improvement over stock it will be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts