Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

I have a 2011 Road Glide with the SE stage 1 kit on it (backing plate, ac,etc). I do not like the FOOTBALL cover and wanted to put one from the Rushmore on mine.

I had my powder coater fix me one up but I guess I should have checked first. It doesn't fit and looks like it would interfere with the tank.

I see that there is a spacer and an adapter in the 2014 kit but the back plate part numbers are different too.

So has anyone put the Rushmore cover on a non-rushmore model that has the earlier SE Kit?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So Dude, what year is your bike? Do you have the SE kit for your bike and Did you use the adapter and spacer from the Rushmore SE kit or did you just bolt it up with a longer bolt?

Sounds to close for comfort - I don't want any rubbing or the possibility of rubbing!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I had it done when I bought the bike at the shop so I'm not sure if they used the adapter. Mine is a 13 so it should be just like yours but other guys on here have put the 14 and up cover on and are not close to rubbing so mine is different from theirs somehow. I have just been too lazy to figure out why mine is different and putting the washers under the bolts at the back of the tank give plenty of clearance. The bike was started before the washers were added and it did nick my paint a little bit but it is not real noticeable.

I almost forgot, I do have the SE kit on mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.