Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, after alot of research I'm not finding much on this topic, for the rushmore bikes. I purchased a Soundstream picasso 520.4 amplifier, and so far a haven't been able to figure out how to mount it I side the fairing. So far it's looking like my best bet is running it to the saddle bags.

Has anyone mounted the Soundstream picasso in the fairing of there rushmore?

·
Registered
758 Posts
I don't know much about that amp, but according to the web it is 9" wide. A BT 4180 is 7" wide and it will fit, but there certainly isn't an 1" left on both sides. You may be stuck with the saddlebags or going with a different amp.

·
Registered
408 Posts
it should fit under the radio if not you relocate the harness on top of the headlight under the radio and that frees up enough to place it on top of the headlight.

I've seen a PN4.1000 mounted on top of the headlight assembly, I'll try and find a pic for you

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put mine under the radio. It's just held in place by travel limit. It's a PN 4-520 had to use 90° RCA connectors, or if you use high level inputs you don't need them. Don't mind the plastic bag it was there for test fit purposes.
Very interesting. Did you have to modify anything to get your Amp up that far on there. I'm currently at work so I'm unable to look at mine, but it didn't seem like I was able to get mine up that far under the stereo, but I also haven't tried removing the stereo yet either

·
Registered
181 Posts
Very interesting. Did you have to modify anything to get your Amp up that far on there. I'm currently at work so I'm unable to look at mine, but it didn't seem like I was able to get mine up that far under the stereo, but I also haven't tried removing the stereo yet either
The only things I had to do was trim the plastic off of the RCA connectors to take off the bulk from them, because they will bind against the radio when you put it back in place. Also there are some small ribs on the back side of the radio face that I trimmed off. Mine is the 4.3 radio not sure about the 6.5 how it looks from behind.

If you find all metal RCA connectors you won't have to trim them. I was only able to find one at Radio Shack at the time I installed it.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
It will fit under the radio bracket. It's VERY tight, but it will fit. You have to remove the radio first. I zip tied mine in, but it will barely move without them. Like I said, it's TIGHT.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm heating up the garage right now, and I'm gunna head out and try again. I'll get some more pictures of what I'm working with also. Thanks guys

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry meant to quote rdchris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like I said before, it doesn't move at all. It is a tight fit to get that amp in there. I've had the fairing off several times after the install and it hasn't moved, or come loose.

If you were to try and mount this amp in the fairing and find a better way by all means share, instead of criticizing other peoples work.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I only offered helpful criticism. If you want to bounce your amp around by all means great job. I even suggested a design for a bracket. So here it is get some thicker skin and go pound sand.

Apparently you don't read to well! What part of the amp doesn't move do you not understand! The amp you have is way smaller and great that a bracket can be used to mount it. So I ask you to go buy the Sound Stream amp and come up with a way to mount it on a bracket and share it. Then we'll see who pounds sand!

·
Registered
181 Posts
For you tell me how this amp goes in and you haven't installed the same amp, you sure know a lot of what's going on!! All I ask is that you please buy this amp and find a way to install it on a bracket like everyone would like in the perfect world and not cut up the bike and have the fairing back in place and share it here.

The OP asked about a specific amp a Sound Stream PN 4.520 not what you have. Other people have this amp in the RG and this was the easiest and most effective way to use this amp. There is another way to install this amp across the top of the headlight, but that required to trim off part of the headlight mounting ribs, which I was not willing to do.

I ride year round and don't have a season and have not had an issue. Trimming the extra plastic off a RCA connector causes what???? Nothing!! How do I know that? OH that's right it's on my bike!

If you were to see the install you would have a better idea what's going on in there, is all I'm saying.

Sure I would like to have it mounted to a bracket, who wouldn't!
Unless somebody comes up with a whole different main fair bracket that would fit this amp, I'll just keep what I have. Thanks for your concern, but I'm ok with my set-up.

Am I worried about it? NO!

Back to the question at hand for the OP. If you have anymore questions please ask away. Be glad to help out.

Thanks I'm done ranting now.:smile:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
"Normal thinking?" "A right to your opinion?" OK, fine. It would carry more weight if you actually had some experience installing this particular amp. A couple of us have actually installed this amp.
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

·
Registered
181 Posts
"normal thinking?" "a right to your opinion?" ok, fine. It would carry more weight if you actually had some experience installing this particular amp. A couple of us have actually installed this amp.
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Your both tool bags we are here all just trying to help each other and you got your panties in a bunch because your hack installs. You don't even know what can't understand normal thinking means. I base my opinion on your posts, photos and replies. I don't need to try install your amp to know your a hack. You told us yourselves.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Your both tool bags we are here all just trying to help each other and you got your panties in a bunch because your hack installs. You don't even know what can't understand normal thinking means. I base my opinion on your posts, photos and replies. I don't need to try install your oversized amp to know your a hack. You told us yourselves.

Whatever! AJ. You seem like a guy that likes to have the last say in things. By all means fill in the blank. Go @**@ yourself!

·
Registered
365 Posts
BTW douches my bracket example actually would work. OP amp Dimensions: 4.75" W x 1.5" H x 9" Mine 8.25"(L) x 4.8"(W) x 1.7"(H) Mine 1/4 thicker and yours is 3/4" longer quick mod now you have a bracket. F'ing hacks! No way your amp is secure without zip tying. Keep bouncin yo shit and flappin your gums.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Sure I would like to have it mounted to a bracket, who wouldn't!
Unless somebody comes up with a whole different main fair bracket that would fit this amp, I'll just keep what I have. Thanks for your concern, but I'm ok with my set-up.

Am I worried about it? NO!
My AMP is also one that doesn't have a pre-fab bracket readily available. Mine is held up under the radio with a cradle of Gorilla tape :)

Is it pretty.... no. Does it work.... yes.

I'm with you RDCris - whatever works, works well enough. Heck, no one sees the install once it's all back together anyway.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts