Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 road glide special with stock 6.5 infotainment factory flash ( I haven't had dealer touch radio)

Fosgate pbr300x4 amp
Kicker ks65 in fairing
Biketronics bt355 line leveler

I have installed all this thus far ( still have lowers with 6.5 to put on as well just waiting on the pods to come back from paint

I for testing sake jumped off the b+ On the amp to remote to turn the amp on.. Amp is powered if I turn the volume up past 5 it appears that the amp is clipping and cutting out ..

Amp gain turned to 2 and I haven't touched the factory settings on the bt355 what am I missing here ?

I ran essentially the same system on my 11 using hi level inputs and didn't mess with the remote

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
2016 road glide special with stock 6.5 infotainment factory flash ( I haven't had dealer touch radio)

Fosgate pbr300x4 amp
Kicker ks65 in fairing

I have installed all this thus far ( still have lowers with 6.5 to put on as well just waiting on the pods to come back from paint

I for testing sake jumped off the b+ On the amp to remote to turn the amp on.. Amp is powered if I turn the volume up past 5 it appears that the amp is clipping and cutting out ..

Amp gain turned to 2 and I haven't touched the factory settings on the bt355 what am I missing here ?

I ran essentially the same system on my 11 using hi level inputs and didn't mess with the remote
Someone else just had a problem with similar. He also had to run a remote to turn on the pbr 300x2. He wasn't running a line leveler either. He said it sounded great though. Something about the new signal wave coming out of those rushmore info systems.
Try losing the line leveler and see what happens.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Fosgate pbr300x4 amp
Kicker ks65 in fairing

Someone else just had a problem with similar. He also had to run a remote to turn on the pbr 300x2. He wasn't running a line leveler either. He said it sounded great though. Something about the new signal wave coming out of those rushmore info systems.
Try losing the line leveler and see what happens.
I know the infotainment radios are set to preform with the stock speakers .. Adding just the am will create a lot of distortion without having the radio flashed to a flat eq .. I prefer to not flash the radio as the flash is only as good as the tech doing the flash.. Around here I just can't put that faith in the techs the line leveler is suppose toncorrect the distortion issue without the need to flash..

·
Registered
2 Posts

Fosgate pbr300x4 amp
Kicker ks65 in fairing

i had your amp in previous bike ,when the power drops the amp will not send clear signal ,make sure your voltage regulator
working properly ,i had to install a battery pack in my tour pack and i never had any issues ,hope that will help special you are adding pod speakers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure the vr is good the bike has 15 miles on it ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts