Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 rg just bought it in November. My first bagger love it won't go back! But I like the Rushmore bags. Has anyone ever tried to get a set to fit the older rg? Or does anyone make a conversion kit??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a buddy that works at a Harley dealership. He was saying that you can relocate the hole on the Rushmore bags to fit the older rgs. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I put Rushmore bags on my 2012 rgu. Just had to lengthen the hole in the front mounts by about 3/8", essentially making it a slot, and repositioned the front mounts a little.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put Rushmore bags on my 2012 rgu. Just had to lengthen the hole in the front mounts by about 3/8", essentially making it a slot, and repositioned the front mounts a little.
Do they fit the 12 rg fender lines or look out of place?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I put a rear fascia on as well, so it filled the gap. But the lines look fine either way.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Buddy of mine bought a set and brought them over to see if they would fit my 12 RG,very minor adjustment and they will fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rg thinker, please post follow up posts/pics if you do try this. I would love to put those bags on my 2010.

It will be awhile. Lil on the costly side to do this. I want to do it right and do stretched bags and fender and full airbrush paint job.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have a buddy that did this with the top shop money maker kit on his 2011. Pin positioning is slightly different. He found a set of stock Rushmore takeoff lids and bought a latch kit off eBay. Works perfectly.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just read on another forum that a member bought a 2014 front bracket and installed it on a 2011 bike. Didn't have to elongate the hole on the bag. Kinda smart.....

·
Registered
639 Posts
No reason to elongate any holes - no need to switch brackets. My wife has a 2014, I have a 2013. Someone told me there was no way it would work so I took a bag off hers and put it on mine. The front bracket will work, you just have to loosen the bolt and rotate the bracket.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a friend that has a 15 we will try to see if they fit in summer. The new brackets fills in the space on the frame side of the pins. That space left on 2013 and lower bags allowed you to take pliers and unhook the pins releasing the bags to be stolen and broke into. So I'm looking at both set ups the cheap way by just bags or the anti theft more expensive way BC of more parts to buy and fit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts