Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a set of black denim prerushmore fairing lowers on my 2018, take offs from my 2012. I want to add speaker pods and thought I may as well buy they whole set so I can have the vivid black and have them match the new bike. For those of you who've had the prerushmore lowers and now the new ones, any positives or negatives from one to the other? Either style will fit the bike, so I have options.

Wade

·
Registered
975 Posts
Farris.....Beuller....Hi Wade, you know my bike is old, but runs like Hell....I have lowers with the CVO's matching speakers insert/grills..with 6 1/2 hertz....Big fan and the sound is awesome....Running the 4channel BT 4180. So plenty of power...Good luck and post the pixs, SwoMacAttack loves his pixs.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Farris.....Beuller....Hi Wade, you know my bike is old, but runs like Hell....I have lowers with the CVO's matching speakers insert/grills..with 6 1/2 hertz....Big fan and the sound is awesome....Running the 4channel BT 4180. So plenty of power...Good luck and post the pixs, SwoMacAttack loves his pixs.
Old bike...new bike, it don't matter, as long as you bike! I'm all set with my amp/speaker combinations, just trying to figure out if one set of the fairing lowers has advantages over the other is all. Both prerushmore and Rushmore fairing lowers will fit on the bike, so I jut thought I'd see if guys that've had both had a preference.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Cool Wade, just throwing chit chat at yah...Should sound nice....love the lowers speakers instead of going the TP route...most times I remove TP, add LE Pera solo seat and sweetglide around the Burg...Good luck and post pixs as SwoMacAttack would say..Salute

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Where is the photo with the new bike and current lowers?

I bought the Rushmore lowers for my RGS because I got color matched. Didn't even look to see if they used the same color pre-rushmore. I will only put them on during the winter riding season. I need as much air flow as I can get the rest of the year here in the south.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
I may be crazy but I think that the pre-rushmores have a larger door opening....may be better for cooling...
Surprisingly you can't tell any difference while riding. Me and my riding bud swapped bikes numerous times on a 90+ degree day and I would have sworn that my Rushmore lowers would have let less air through but I nor my friend could not tell even the slightest bit of difference. I guess the lowers are only so big and the difference in desigens aren't big enough to be noticeable. Either set will be a warmer ride for the rider but I would bet money that running lowers helps direct more airflow to the engine and well actually help it run cooler. I'm not the only one that believes this.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I went with Advan Black lowers for my '15 RGS, and was having trouble deciding between Rushmore/pre-Rushmore. I ended up going for the Rushmore ones because I saw someone take the flat black panel (next to the vent door) off and replace it with the plastic mesh vent screen used on the twin cooled models. By doing that, I have a lot more air flow than using just the rotating or sliding door, alone. Then in cool weather I can just pop off the mesh panels and replace with the stock flat black panels.

For what it's worth, I think the pre-rushmore lowers look nicer.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I went with Advan Black lowers for my '15 RGS, and was having trouble deciding between Rushmore/pre-Rushmore. I ended up going for the Rushmore ones because I saw someone take the flat black panel (next to the vent door) off and replace it with the plastic mesh vent screen used on the twin cooled models. By doing that, I have a lot more air flow than using just the rotating or sliding door, alone. Then in cool weather I can just pop off the mesh panels and replace with the stock flat black panels.

For what it's worth, I think the pre-rushmore lowers look nicer.
Interesting. May have to look into that myself. I have the advanblack also on my 18

1 - 10 of 10 Posts