Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 RG and want to convert it to the new Rushmore style fairing. I am not concerned with using the factory double din stereo as I will go aftermarket. I already have aftermarket gauges and will use them in the new inner fairing. I realize I will have to purchase the inner, outer, headlight assembly, wind screen and brackets. However, I could not find anyone on here that has done it. Because of this I'm not sure if the 2011 RG bezel for the tach and speedo that mounts around the top of forks can stay or if that will need to be replaces.

If anyone has any intel on this project I would like to do I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,809 Posts
Out of curiosity ..... WHY?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the lines of the 15 Rushmore fairing. At first I wasn't sure. But, over time it has grown on me.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Should not be to hard to do. Eliminate the faring supports while your at it . Few brackets to do that on the market.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey I have the inner fairing from my ‘18 RGU if you want it cheap. Make an offer. Brand new as I ordered painted one from factory and had dealer change out when picked up bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
683 Posts
Don’t see why you couldn’t use the gauge bezels as they are not attached to the fairing. My only concern would be the fairing mounted gauges fitment, and the headlights since the 15+ uses CANBUS wiring.

It wont be a simple bolt on project, but with some redneck engeering, I would think it can be done.

Something to consider though, If you want a new(er) road glide, you may be better off trading. I went through this converting a batwing, and a little more than a year later, I traded it in. It was a fun project, but I spent way too much for a short period of time.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,809 Posts
Exactly! Why trade the original beauty for a Bender? I can see putting original on a Bender Glide 😁
Yup, that's why I asked, because I've always liked the previous style fairing better. In my eyes the newer fairing looks bigger, looks like it's mounted a bit higher (although that might be just because it's a little taller from a side view), and all that space around the headlights looks a bit strange. I don't know any of those 3 things to be true as I've never measured them, but that's what my eye sees when it looks at them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts