Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I thought I remembered seeing a thread about rolling the stock bars forward on the Rushmore bikes, but I can't seem to find it now. Has anyone done this? Trying to find a video/guide or some tips on doing this. I really hate the bars, comfort wise and look wise. Figured I could roll them forward until I get a nice set of aftermarket bars. Thanks

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
There is a retention pin in the center of the bars that you have to knock out with a small punch. It can take a little bit of work and finesse (especially if you don't want to slip and muck up your bars). Once that pin is out, you can rotate the bars and retighten the clamp.

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Here is link to the thread by Sethjamto;

http://www.roadglide.org/24-controls-handlebars/176097-2015-bar-pin-removal-rolling-bars-forward.html

I did this on my 2016 FLTRU, rolled them ahead until the bottom of the slot was even with the bottom clamp = no pinched wires.

I pulled the pin with a set of vise grips instead of driving it thru with a punch.

Recommend a second set of hands if you are not going to disconnect any wiring. Helps to hold the handlebars while you have them out of the bottom clamp and for re-positioning to where you like them.

Calgaryglide

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
I think it's easier to "tap" it out. I used a hammer and old screw driver, 3 sacks and it was done.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, took me about 20 minutes. Controls won't budge though, so just riding how they are until I grind that pin down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
894 Posts
It's real easy. I did it on mine and pulled the pin with vise grips rather than punching it down. The thread is good to follow but you don't need to pull the ignition. When you loosen the (2) T25 torque screws on the sides of the speedo housing you can pull the chrome clip out from under the ignition. Take the screws all of the way out and you can get the speedo housing over the ignition switch by turning the switch to the right. It's a pretty big opening. Disconnect the wires from the back of the housing and you're good to go removing the bars. There is one wire harness in back of the housing that is hard to pull but I just left it plugged in and layed the housing down next to the tank. (Cover the tank with something). Had plenty of room to work. Check out the Factory 47 handlebar swap video and you'll see them taking it apart leaving the ignition intact. Good luck! Give it a shot it's really easy.

L

·
0 Posts
@captain overdrive !! you just rocked my world with the factory 47 , holy cow, ill be getting those bars soon and now i know how to do it ! Im glad i found this forum!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts