Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone traded up to a Rushmore model and wished they'd kept their bike?

Just wonderin..........

If so what do you miss about your old one?

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
I do not have any regrets at all getting the new RG. I had an 09 and loved the bike. I had not done that much to the old bike, more for comfort for the most part. I justified getting the new RGS as I am not getting any younger and this will be the last touring Harley I get.

To me the new RG seems smoother, I like the new audio system, the linked brakes and the new handle bars to mention a few things. I kept my old Sundowner seat that MCC had modified and had new grips, security alarm and a hidden antenna installed, had the breather cover powder coat in black. Got those items done before I pickup the bike. I also added the Dakota Digital gauges after picking up the bike.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
A buddy of mine got a 14 Streetglide because he is a follower and he has put more miles on his bike taking it back for recalls than general riding.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
908 Posts
I do not regret trading my 12 CVO RG for the 15 CVO RGU. Love the new bike, the air management is better and the front end is better.

I do miss the color of the old Skunk, and the style of the rear fender and bags. That said many things on the 15 are much better to make it no regretts.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Did not regret trading my 13 for my 15

June 6 2013, bought my 2013 fltrx custom paid 18000 for it: put handle bars, windshield, and saddle bag crash bars on it then added 13000 miles to the 4 it had on it

Traded it for 17000

2015 w/ saddle bag crash bars and slip ons 24000 dollars on September 21st 3800 miles on it now

For what I got for my 13 couldn't complain

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
250 Posts
Same as Dave... no regrets. traded my 11 FLTRUSE for a 15 FLTRUSE. Love it. Wind management is much better, engine is cooler, is more comfortable in the saddle and has about the same power as my 11 after stage 1, new baffles and TTS download. Love the stereo especially in the headset.

·
Registered
164 Posts
No Regrets, rode 4000km before winter came. Been ridin for 35 yrs, best handling Harley I've had yet!!!

H

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
"Hey last 4 posters......... I think you miss read the OP.........this is not a "boy I sure am glad I traded so I could be special thread.

Just FYI

·
Registered
700 Posts
As I've said before, I regret the glare and sun reflection on the new stereo.

It's better with a diffused screen protector but it aggravates me every time I get on the bike.

I'm still glad I traded but I really hadn't done much to my '12. If I'd already added a gps, nice tunes, cam, apes, etc, etc and hadn't grown tired of a yellow bike then I'd been happy to keep her.

Plus the $ on the trade just made it to hard to resist, plus at the time I didn't know the glare was this bad.

Still glad I did it, just saying it depends on the specific pre-15 bike you're comparing with.

If you can find or have a nicely setup older bike and the $'s work out keep it or buy it. Might be hard to make the $'s workout though, but then there's a bunch of them out there to check out.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Has anyone traded up to a Rushmore model and wished they'd kept their bike?

Rushmore sound's so presidental.....Think I's like Alfred "E' Newman in stone than Obama being stoned:D

answer-No we havn't, plus they'd have to put some serious cash for the trade, not trading down

1 - 15 of 15 Posts